Well hello from my couch! I was wrecking my brain for a clever intro for today’s post but couldn’t come up with anything. To be honest I think being on vacation for a month will be a good thing not only in terms of spending time off from work but also from the blog. It’s time to recharge and get new inspiration.
To be honest I am pretty wiped out. The exhaustion of the last weeks has settled now and has become permanent. But I am not complaining I know it’s only a few weeks and then I get my time off. I actually feel very fortunate to be able to travel for a full month.
Nevertheless do I think the weekend has been a bit too much for me. I feel under the weather and so I decided to stay in my PJs on my couch today. I have my interns on the phone and on email and they do a great job handling everything in my absence. A good practice for August 😉
I am linking up with dear Meg for listing last weeks happenings and celebrating our shared love for the good old to do list!
- Work happened!
- Wednesday I was entertaining the masses. I was asked to speak at a faculty’s science day and I have never been to an event that poorly visited. It was fun though. At least the audience was pretty engaged. Public speaking is something I am good at even though I usually stumble through the rest of my life.
- I updated the pictures of my Italian Pesto Pasta Salad. I seriously can’t believe I once posted such ugly pictures. Good luck they are replaced now.
- I went to Crossfit twice both times followed by a coffee chat with my fellow workout victims and coach. On Thursday one of the girl’s had her lovely dog and a baby kitten with her. We took turns cuddling with both.
- We watched the Germany vs. Poland game at my box and I had a blast. Seriously it’s just way funnier with people who crack crappy jokes all the time. There might or might not have been beer involved, too!
- I didn’t take pictures at all. I should set me a reminder on my phone and call it ‘take pictures of shit I do!’
- I went clothes shopping by my own and it was mildly traumatizing! And I wanted stretchy pants!!! You might probably sense my misery. I need a few things for travelling. The lighter and more comfy stuff to make this wanner be backpacker not die of discomfort in too tight pants and also not crash by the weight of her backpack. Also her husband likes her way better when she’s not complaining about either of those for an indefinite amount of time. She will now proceed using the first person for the rest of this post because this is feeling a bit awkward…
- Speaking of travelling, I published a blog post about 5 easy steps to finding the perfect Airbnb for any travel need. If you consider booking an airbnb accomodation for your next trip you’ll find an easy guidline for booking we follow every time we look for a place to stay.
- Let’s talk about my insane weekend. We cleaned and went to the groceries, and then we spent the whole Saturday afternoon with an insurance agent! Kill me!!! Talking about finances for 3 and a half hours on a Saturday felt criminal. I was so over it after 15 minutes already!
- We then got compensatory ice cream and I distracted my brain with making chili salt
- Stefan grilled up a storm and we had a fabulous sandwich dinner along a Moscow Mule galore. Mine was the one on top with cheese, tomato and Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken on onion bread and Stefan got all fancy and topped his pork with coleslaw and melted cheese.
- Sunday morning I made pizza dough and we cleaned up the apartment. Our nieces came over and we made first pizza together and then ice cream. We had a picnic on the living room floor and I was used as a monkey bar and trampoline once again. I can’t say that I don’t like it. After we dropped them off we had to vacuum and mop the floors.
- In the evening we met with my cousine at a bar and restaurant in Munich to celebrate her birthday. It was nice but I had a little meltdown at home before going. I had already spent way too much time being social this week and my batteries were dying. Of course we went anyway and it was nice but I was definitely not very talkative. We also left quite early and were back home by 10.30 pm.
So today I am at home nursing my everything because I need to be myself again tomorrow. I am training my clients tomorrow evening on developing a self-marketing strategy and I will under no circumstances postpone this training. Fingers crossed I will be better.
Game plan for today: Binge-watching youtube and binge-reading blogs just because.