This is one of those weird Monday mornings when I sit at my computer and try to remember anything from last week but my mind is as blank as the screen in front of me. I have scrolled through my phone but apparently I took no pictures besides food pictures with my DSLR so I think I will have to wing this Week in Review. Though I obviously never give the full picture of my life (how could I), this week’s post might be a bit fragmental.
But anyways as long as I remember the good fragments everything is alright, right? I am also linking up with Meg
Let’s get started…
- I guess I went to work a couple of times and I remember I sent out a survey to all 180 of my former clients. We are conducting a study on the long-term outcome effects of Mentoring programs in academia. That actually sounds more posh than it is!
- I tried to work on my own thesis but couldn’t quite concentrate. I have to give a talk about it in exactly one month. Time to hurry up! Time to wrap up that damn thing eventually.
- I was at home alone a few evenings and pretty much every time I got a chance (and light) I got out my camera and practiced. I slowly get where I want. Means, I slowly can get a picture I like not only by chance but on purpose. A brand new feeling!
- But that doesn’t mean I don’t have ugly photo shoots in between as well. The colors kinda put me off. Maybe it’s the general theme. I have three Pina Coloda flavored recipes and I have to re-shoot them all. When I have managed that I will celebrate a Pina Colada themed week on here!
- Nonetheless as I get a bit more serious with my photos now – at least as serious as a hobby can get – I decided that it’s time for a new camera this year.
- I made a Curry Soup with Meatballs and took some to work for lunch. The soup leaked on my laptop in my bag. My computer now smells of curry. Good luck it’s one of my favorite flavors!
- I wrote a travel related post that I will publish at some point this week.
- I plucked my eyebrows. Or better I made two eyebrows out of the really fat caterpillar in my face
- I published a round up posts of 10 easy Summer Recipes with Lemon and Lime. I also took the opportunity to update the ones from last year.
- I got a manicure
- We went to friends for a BBQ and I brought Pesto Pasta Salad. I took the oportunity to re-shoot the recipe as the original pictures are horrendous! I need to put them up soon.
- I went to Crossfit twice. I really enjoy it at the moment. It doesn’t feel like something I should do but something I want to do. Maybe it’s the summer months and the fact that is bright outside so long. I don’t know and I don’t question it either.
- One day I ate half of a cold Pizza for breakfast and 2/3 of a bar of dark chocolate for lunch. It was awesome!
- I binge watched several hours of youtube.
- We booked the final accommodation in Toronto and the car for the second part of our trip. Big thanks to Cora who helped me out with a ton of information about Toronto and made finding an apartment in a good area really easy! In seven weeks and two days we are on our way to Denver! I seriously can’t wait. My last vacation has been in November.
- I tested my BBQ Bacon Burger recipe again this weekend and it is my favorite Burger recipe ever! I also love this picture. It’s almost ready to go online. I will quality control is once more this week 😉 I am also excited for my lunch now. Leftovers!
But now we have another week and another to-do list though I’d much rather crawl back under my duvet and pretend there is no outside world. I wonder how long I could do this. I know. Probably 2 minutes until I get bored and find me a distraction!
Game plan for today: Not killing anyone who murderes my patience, trying not to snap at the people who think it’s acceptable to make the elevator stop twice for not having to walk one flight of stairs, Crossfit tonight and in between some work….