I am constantly neglecting a few areas of my life. I guess we all know this feeling. You’re on top of work, cooking, excercise and also manage to spend some quality time with the significant other but you cover your ears when somebody is about to reveal the latest plot twist of you fav TV show because you’re 4 episodes behind and interaction with friends and family only happens on what’s app because physically meeting them would have to happen at night. I know, exhausting!
Personally I love to juggle with many different balls but I am just not capable of keeping them in the air all at once. So I deliberately decide to drop specific balls every now and then. For a long time this has been my thesis (finally got that under control!), then I stopped meeting people (working on that, too), then I stopped working out (oh man I really try!). There were times when I managed to blog 4 times a week but I darkly remember I saw my husband not that much at that time.
Right now I am neglecting blogging. Not because I couldn’t fit it in somehow but because I feel like it at the moment.
It’s funny because it’s not a lack of things I could share. Right now I have about 10 recipes technically ready to post aka recipe made and tested, pictures taken and edited but when it comes to actually writing the post I don’t want to. Same goes with other topics. I have a few travel related posts I want to write but then I wish I could, but I don’t want to. That’s life and I don’t have any problem with it. In fact I kind of enjoy it. Forced posts are never a good read anyway.
What I do still love right now is checking in with you all and Meg on Modays to share a few bits and pieces about my last week. This is something I don’t see me neglecting anytime soon!
- I had an easy-breezy 4 day work week with Monday being a public holiday, not many tasks to perform on the other 4 days and one of the other 4 days even being a home office day.
- Went to see my doctor and got new medication to hopefully sort out my fucked up skin and had a telephone appointment with my gastroenterologist to figure out if he approves of me taking these new mediacation. Adulthood doesn’t feel much different from being a teenager when you have your gastroenterologist on speed dial and have to ask him for permission on stupid things and regularly check in with him. And also play down your alcohol consumption 😛
- Speaking of alcohol consumption. I spent a significant amount of time practicing with my camera last week. My designated object of preference were drinks. I think I shot drinks every day. You see where this leads. This has to change this week. If I still feel the need to practice with liquids I will have to make them non-alcoholic. My liver might appreciate the break. I actually don’t even know why I didn’t consider this at some point last week. Must be my
boozybusy brain 😛
- As my parents-in-law are on holiday now I borrowed their garden for practicing outside. Their particularly nosy neighbour saw me. I am already looking forward what she will tell my in-laws when they coma back. I will try again this week in a different light situation. Stefan is already scared that I will make him hold a reflector. Chances are good that I will 😉
- As a result of my above average alcohol consumption I posted this light and summery Refreshing Watermelon Mimosa Recipe. A staple with and without prosecco lately.
- But I was not only practicing with drinks I was also playing around a bit with different light situations. This Lemon and Garlic BBQ Chicken I grilled on Wednesday and the setting sun made an interesting scene as well. Until I started to diffuse the light then it looked like an Aldi marketing campaign. Not exactly the look I am after 😉 There’s a recipe to this which I will post hopefully at some point this week. If I want to.
- I am proud to annouce that I went to Crossfit twice and was promptly rewarded with the sorest pair of legs you can imagine! Seriously I haven’t been that out of shape since my thrombosis 4 years ago! Nevertheless I had fun which is the main factor to workout for me anyway!
- I educated myself a bit on SEO but decided not to go any deeper into it. There’s a reason I don’t care about statistics.
- I cooked and cleaned a lot. I made ugly muffins, fantastic brownies, burger, grilled meat 4 times, grilled 3 kilos of asparagus in total, made White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bars, smoothied (and mimosad) my way through 3 melons and made my favorite sandwich of all times. But I still love most when my fab husband (of three years tomorrow!) makes me breakfast on the weekend!
- I finished my book but didn’t start a new on
- I spent most of the weekend relaxing, enjoying the sun and wasting my time away on buzzfeed and youtube. It was great. Especially considering this week will be hectic!
So my game plan for today includes to come up with a plan to pack 5 days of work into 3 – we have a short week here again :-), tackle work, go to the groceries, bake more brownies, make dinner (I crave eggs) and ignore the nasty grey and rainy weather outside.