I kind of forgot it’s Monday today.
May is a fabulous month for a couple of reasons here. Warmer weather, a more consistend chance of having BBQs a couple of times a week and also a hella lot of public holidays. Like today.
I don’t feel particularly wordy today neither have I taken a lot of pictures last week. But no problem, let’s just get listing! I am also linking up with the queen of lists herself!
- I had a weird work week with so many business meetings. I think I spent like next to no time at my desk
- I spent a decent amount of time with my thesis. Baby steps but still progress
- I have the biggest obsessions with fried eggs at the moment. I put an egg on everything!
- I took my mum out on Wednesday for a belated mother’s day brunch. I had potatos, bacon and … surprise…fried eggs
- I bought me a travel bag for my backpack and felt like such a wannabe backpacker. All brandnew and shiny gear and no experience at all
- I finally broke the lock to my box with my old diaries from age 11 to age 15. I can only say that I am most happy and relieved my teenage year are over for good. Old ghosts were haunting me for a couple of days. On a funny side note: I fould my first ever travel bucket list from age 11. Some places I have seen like the Statue of Liberty and the Sequoia trees in California and some are still on my list to date like the Pyramids of Giza or the Akropolis in Athens
- I posted this savory Parmesan Potato Pancakes Recipe on Friday and gave myself the biggest craving for cheese
- I went to Crossfit again and loved it. But my leg didn’t. I spent 30 minutes after my workout there and tried to get my leg back to a normal size. I basically lay there with my leg put up against a wall sipping coconut water and playing with my phone while the next class was already in full progress. I felt so very basic 😉
- On Friday evening we went out for dinner with my cousin and her boyfriend to a fantastic restaurant. The best food but not really the best lighting
- On Saturday we after going to the groceries we hung out at home, watching TV, napping, reading and just being lazy. In the evening we went out for pizza for celebrating my friend’s birthday. It was such a nice evening but I was carrying pizza twins all night. A whole caprese pizza was maybe a tiny bit too much. But hey, I was really hungry!
- Sunday was my favorite day last week. I caught up with a bit of reading and wasted some time on buzzfeed. Then I made Toffifee Ice Cream and it was so damn delicious!
- I played with my new backdrops and practiced to shoot liquids
- Stefan made us ribs again. The meat was so tenderly cooked that it just fell off the bones. And the rub and sauce were on point! Spicy, sweet and salty all at the same time. Seriously this man can cook. I think I say this on here at least once a week!
So my game plan for today involves working on my thesis, finishing my book, day drinking because I want to shoot a boozy drinks recipe and relaxing a bit before another work week begins tomorrow.
Happy Monday people!