Hello first week of May! I wish every week would start like this week. The sun is shining and I am in an exceptionally cheery mood. This work week has only three days. I sip good coffee and have packed a lunch I am looking forward to. We have plans to meet friends this evening and I have a few meetings lined up so the workday should pass easy breezy and quickly without too much hassle. Oh god I hope I haven’t jinxed it now!
But anyways I am also very happy last week is over. It hasn’t been a bad week at all but I felt like on a rollercoaster ride all week long and it got a bit exhausting. I felt a bit like in this Katy Perry song. The week was indeed hot and cold and yes and no and in and out and up and down and wrong and right and black and white. And if I could have just broken up with the week it would have done. Yet I was stuck and could only play nice, give it a kiss and make up until it was over ;-P Enough of the musical references though I guess Meg wouldn’t mind. Let’s just start…
- On Monday morning I woke up to snow! This would have only been mildly annoying if it wasn’t for the fact that I already have summer tires. So I was doomed to stay at home Monday and Tuesday and work from there. I had a few things I could do from home but is was dark and grey and I was alone and my mood was not on top of the world. At least I could watch German quality TV though
- Despite the fact that I hated to have to stay at home I got a lot of things done for work and also in my apartment and that was really nice. Let’s say my to-do list is on a never known low these days
- I published two recipe posts last week. As recipes are by far the most time consuming posts for me I think about cutting back to one a week and pursue with my plans to write a bit more about travelling. I actually have a list of travel related posts I want to write but somehow I just don’t do it. I think I am going to tackle that soon.
- On Wednesday I published these White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bars. They have favorites potential! But I say this about every new recipe!
- On Friday I posted this sweet take on Potato Pancakes with Apple Sauce. You will get a chance to meet their savory brother this week!
- On Thursday and Friday I spent two very productive days in the office working on my thesis with my intern who I trained to run a few tests on my data for validating my analyzis. Fingers crossed none of us fucked it up!
- I went to Crossfit on Thursday and almost died. Yet I still love it. I must have masochistic tendencies!
- On Wednesday we went to lunch with our former assistant who moved to another city this weekend and starts her first real post-graduate job. We had so much fun and it was a really nice lunch that merged into afternoon coffee. I am going to miss her! The restaurant was also very good but the portion sizes were a joke. We all ordered dessert not because we wanted something sweet but because we were still so hungry!
- In the evening Stefan and I met our friends at the Pub in Munich to watch soccer. As much as I used to like that I realized last week that it now kinda feels like math class used to feel. I am counting down the minutes pretending to pay attention. And beer and fried food only makes up for so much!
- Friday afternoon Stefan and I had one of our kitchen dates. We both thought the other one would go grocerie shopping for dinner so we ended up eating Döner and drinking Martini. These Fridays come to be my favorite part of the week. We just laugh so much together. It’s perfect.
- Saturday and Sunday morning I was at home alone as Stefan was at a bachelor’s party in Austria. I busied myself in the apartment, went to the grocery store three times because I forgot something
- And then I spent the better part of Sunday outside in the sun with a book
- I did the laundry
- I did some filing which I did the last time maybe 2013
- I cleaned and washed the dishes approx. 400 times and cursed the absence of a dishwasher equally as often
- I worked on two new recipes and loved both
- I took pictures and hope I don’t have to shoot the recipes again
- When Stefan came home Sunday afternoon we had cake and spent the rest of the day on the couch. It was so nice to catch up and have some quality time
Game plan for today: Interviewing 5 potential new interns, meeting friends, not going to Crossfit because I forgot my gym bag at home – sometimes I think I am manipulating myself subconsciously!
May this month be a bit more cheery than the last – okay time to go now before this takes a turn to the worse