Sometimes things turn out differently than expected. Like when it started snowing last night and I got one for sure but maybe even twice home office days. Yay!!! We have already changed the tires of our car and in this weather I can’t drive to work with it anymore. The ironic thing is that I was actually looking forward to going to the office today.
I know I know I am an idiot. I always want what I can’t have right now. I bet if it was summerly warm today I would curse the office and wish to be at home.
But whatever. I won’t complain especially as I can stay in my PJs today and make me pancakes for brunch later. Silver linings people, silver linings…
But enough with the tittle-tattle for now let’s just jump right into my hilarious, witty and unbelievably facinating review of my last week. I am also linking up with Meg today… surprise!
- After feeling a bit too lame about the previous week I made it a point to fill last week with more action. I call it a success.
- Work has been good. I worked my way through my various to-do lists, covered for my colleague who was still off sick – poor her – dealt with a new trainer, dealt with some fucked up shit (okay I threw a tantrum and went home early one day), sorted out some stuff, payed bills and all in all had a pretty good work week.
- I worked a few hours on thesis stuff and went to my PhD colloquium on Wednesday. I think I am on a good way????
- After the colloquium I had a date with this gorgeous. Stefan was there, too. Just kidding. We haven’t had much of each other in the last couple of weeks so we tried to fit in a bit more quality time this week.
- I also spent a good amout of quality time with myself. I still needed a blanket to sit outside but it was nice to soak up some sun
- I went to Crossfit once and I see it as a big success that it’s Monday already and I am not sick again. Baby steps…
- I met my mum for the first time since mid February
- I also met up with friends and their new baby. It was so nice to catch up as with me being sick all the time I kept my distance from my pregnant friend. I wished I could have stayed for longer but I still had some work to do that day. I was actually really social this week!
- I posted this beauty of a Greek Chicken Gyros Sandwich with Tzatziki Sauce on Wednesday. Though I consider myself to be a fairly open person it made me muse about how stereotypical my thinking sometimes is. Funny what kind of associations you have.
- On Friday I felt a bit narcissistic and talked about personality and my take on being an INFJ. As much as I love being sarcastic, talking about random things and joke on here, it’s nice to touch on some deeper topics from time to time, too.
- Over the course of the last few weeks we have established kind of a nice little dating thing on Friday evenings consisting of dinner in the kitchen with no TV and talking about everything and nothing at all. For this Friday dinner I made the best Focaccia I have ever eaten outside of Italy. Definitely not the last time I made this!
- On Saturday we had a full day just to ourselves. Early morning shopping, hanging out on the couch, greasy Thai food and napping included. Then we participated in a car race on a beach, I got a little injury during a mixed pairs tennis match, we went bowling, boxing and played baseball (which we abandoned because I refused to continue as I was sooooo bad at it) and finally visited a funny world where we chopped wood, climbed walls and threw toppings on a spinning pizza wheel 😉
- As we haven’t been to the movies in forever… I think the last one was the Minion movie… we tada went to the movies on Saturday. We have so many ticket vouchers because it’s the standard thing you get people for Christmas when you don’t know them very well but feel obliged to get them a present. So both my parent’s partners gave us movie ticket vouchers for Christmas. We watched ‘How to be single’ and it was a bit more depressing than I thought but still an easy laugh.
- We booked a car for the America trip in August
- I researched and ordered t-shirts for a bachelorette party and coordinated with the bride’s maid of honor
- I organized all my medicine in my pill organizer for the second week in a row. I AM A MACHINE!
- I also finally googled where to find those horrible snapchat lenses and got so lost that I wasted 50% of my battery on taking ridiculous selfies. Though I don’t really get what’s it all about because I obviously always look like this
- On Sunday I thought I’d test a second nut butter option for a super addicting granola bar recipe I am going to share with you on Wednesday. I might have mentioned that I am a pretty effective day dreamer a couple of times before and this time I didn’t miss my exit but prepared everything for the granola bars with the original nut butter option. So I set the first trial aside and spontaneously decided to make granola with it. Not the worst fail but it doubled my time in the kitchen and the amount of things I had to clean later. But anyway, the second granola bar option definitely was a success so stay tuned for this lovely.
So I definitely had a nice not at all lame week exactly as I had planned. Apparently sometimes things can work out as planned….
Game plan for the day: Staying in, working from home – luckily I have a few things on my list that I can do from home – making pancakes and drinking coffee. Actually my favorite part