There are some weeks I feel utterly lame. Okay most probably because I am not the most interesting or adventurous person in general. I mean I feel super ballsy when I ask for fries on the side instead of potato salad when I am at a restaurant or drink the 5th cup of coffee a day but I just can’t live at the edge like this all the time.
So weeks like last week have to happen from time to time to teach my body what a normal level of adrenaline is. I mean if I am not being careful I might even get a tan in summer or worse enjoy myself in social situations! And I just can’t risk that. I have worked up to that level of sweatpants and comfort in my life for years!
Still even though I might have had a lame week I can’t really complain about it, neither do I want to state something other than that. After all my life is not a shiney overexposed Instagram account but rather unglamorous and real. And I am somewhat opposed to pretending I am different. I rather own my boringness!
But no heavy soul-stripping here anymore for today. I am linking up with lovely Meg and share my rather lame yet pretty good last week.
- I almost dare not to say it out loud but I think I am finally over my flu turned into a cold turned into the bane of my existence! Seriously, please let this be over physically now because mentally I am completely over it !
- Work was easy last week. Finally things have slowed down as predicted – YAY!!!!!! – and I have a lot of time for my thesis. I still got all my other things done. It’s nice not to feel like drowning in shit for a bit.
- Monday after work I stopped by IKEA again. I got lost again! I can’t believe it. I really need to start paying more attention to where I go. Anyways, I picked up a new floor for our balcony and when I came home I started to clean up and remove the old floor. It was so dirty outside after the winter and it took me two days to get everything ready. Tuesday I finally lay out the new floor and after a long soap heavy shower I even enjoyed a coffee in the sun afterwards. I am now officially ready for the BBQ season 🙂
- You see I post very exciting stuff on snapchat (callme-juli) and I realize how very unappealing becoming my snapchat friend must sound right now!
- Monday evening Stefan and I had a fun kitchen date. He was cooking Thai Food for us and I was drinking wine and keeping him company. In this order of priority. Even though this Thai cooking class was hella expensive I am so glad I sent him there. Not only did he have a blast he also makes the most amazing Satay Chicken and Beef Salad now.
- Wednesday evening we went to watch soccer at the pub. It was kinda okay but it was insanely loud and I didn’t feel very well so I went home a bit earlier. I still had all the fried food 😉
- On Wednesday I shared this Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie with you and I do not only love the color of it but I am certainly all up for the taste as well. Hello healthy dessert smoothies that sing me a spring song right now 😀
- I complely lost it with blogging for the rest of the week and I didn’t even manage to comment on the posts I read. I hope to catch up with it tonight.
- For those of you who are not afraid of a little garlic breath – and I swear it’s soooooo worth it – I will have a recipe coming on Wednesday. I wanted to share it with you last week already but I got writer’s block and decided to clean instead of forcing myself to write something. I am so lame!
- Saturday and Sunday were lazy. I haven’t had such a lazy weekend in forever. Apart from the usual grocery shopping and cooking game I just lay on my sofa and watched youtube and TV. It was glorious but now I feel like I need to try to get a little action back into my life.
- I also made ugly granola bars and ugly brownies which remain unpictured. They didn’t even make it on snapchat
- I think I have told you last week that I have banned dairy from my diet for a week to figure out if dairy is making me feel like Ursula the sea witch. It was surprisingly easy to be honest. On a positive note, it doesn’t seem to be dairy because I haven’t eaten cheese or ice creme in a week and I still feel like Ursula. So I am still trying to hunt down what meakes me feel crap.
- I don’t know why I am always so damn proud of it but (thanks to my husband who forced me) I sorted all my medication into my pill organizer.
- He also made me ribs and fries – I will deny that I said it but he really took care of a lot last week
To combat my lameness I made a little game plan for this week. I vowed to myself to be a bit more social and I have made plans to catch-up with two friends! I have also planned a date with my husband and try to go to Crossfit again twice.
Game plan for the day: cover work for me and my colleage – she’s sick since over a week but luckily the workload is light right now, go to an American shop and stock up on overpriced American products, make granola and granola bars.
Or maybe I just go home and watch TV 😉