Some weeks are just so strange! One week you run around like a headless chicken and in the end of most days you are disgruntled because you feel like nothing you wanted to do really worked out and the next week you have your fair share of downtime but everything you wanted to do magically works out somehow. Last week was the latter.
Also double happy dance because much more worth happily dancing for…. Congrats to Meg who finally could leave pregancy behind her and is now rewarded with the cutest little girl ever ♥ Head over to see the precious little thing but be prepared for falling in love a bit!
Okay now onto the slightly less exciting things that happened in my life last week…
- I was sick again for the better part of last week which lead to me staying at home for 4 days
- This was kind of a blessing in disguise as I really got a lot of things done in between all the sneezing, napping and trying to get my act together again
- Like that I watched a holy lot of travel youtube channels. And kinda doubled my travel bucket list. Wait, I am not sure if that’s agood or bad thing actually!
- I ate a lot of good food. To be honest my beloved bagels made a daily appearance on my plate. I didn’t hate it!
- I started to read a lot more for my thesis and I had one really efficient day. I have every intention to keep that up. If only I wouldn’t know me better than to really believe it ;-P
- I posted a recipe for a lovely Italian Style Spring Salad on Wednesday. The asparagus season is just starting here and I love it!
- On Friday was my first day back in the office. It was one of those days that are not completely horrible as you managed to accomplishe a few good things yet horrible enough to wish you would have stayed in bed. I had to start work around 1 pm as we had an event in the evening and I knew I wouldn’t leave the office until 9 pm. So in the morning I decided to go wash and vacuum the car. Do you know this really satisfying sound when you vacuum something really really dirty? It’s just an amazing feeling! Well I was graced with this amazing feeling for 40 minutes straight. The car was so dirty, it was most embarassing.
- On a snap decision I passed by IKEA on my way to work. Okay biggest euphemism ever. I missed my exit and didn’t realize it for the next 20 km. Did I ever mention that I am a day dreaming pro? Yes that was a fail. I managed to really quickly get all the things I wanted to pick up but as I almost snapped at an older lady because she was walking too slowly in front of me I decided to extend my visit a little and have lunch at IKEA. The sugar was definitely much needed but it turned out to be a dumb decision anyway as I felt horrible for the rest of the day.
- When I arrived at the office I realized that I had forgotten my office keys at home. The janitor was already gone, my colleague was to come not until in another hour. So I got me the most expensive organic coffee at the organic supermarket next door and waited. The coffee tasted like bloody dishwater AND it was tiny. I don’t know what was worse. The evening event went really well though. But when I arrived at home short after 9.30 pm I was done.
- On Saturday morning I got up in the dawn of the day, tanked up with caffein and met my friend to go wedding dress shopping in Munich. The groom is my best friend and I was really touched that she asked me to come with her. I took the first half of the day but we were really successful Then we went to a Greek restaurant and later her maid of honor and I had coffee and planned some things for the bachelorette party and the wedding. SO.MUCH.TO.DO! But of course anything for your best friend’s wedding.
- Later I met with Stefan for a glass of wine. I also had pizza. He was still stuffed from the 10 course he ate at his Thai cooking class. Then he went to a party but I was exhausted and I took the train home instead.
- Sunday was my hibernation day. I don’t sleep very well lately. I wake up in the middle of the night and I am wide awake for hours. Saturday was the worst night in weeks. I was so exhausted that I never changed out of my PJs and spend most part of Sunday in a horizontal position. I only got up for making Oreo Mint Ice Cream for a late lunch. I could get used to eating ice cream for lunch
Luckily this night was way better and as it’s already quite warm and the sun is out I hope to get all my stuff sorted out quickly so that I can (directly) go to IKEA and pick up some things for the balcony. It get’s a little love in form of a new wooden floor this spring and slowly slowly it gets warm enough to sit outside for a bit again. Naturally I would like this to have happened yesterday already. And if I arrive at home early enough I might even quickly start…. but most probably not.
Anyways Stefan promised to make me Thai food for dinner Satay Chicken and Beef Salad … I am excited ♥