I think there’s something utterly comforting about having a long weekend. 4 days off are just amazing. Short weeks should be standard. By the way Happy Easter, folks! But according to Stefan there’s nothing comforting in having a long weekend when you’re living with me because – and I am not saying it’s true I am just quoting – I am not capable of chilling out.
But whilst I think I am completely capable of chilling out I have to admit that long weekends are appealing… for long-overdue home improvement!!!
Yes this doesn’t sound like fun at all. Until you do it with us. This weekend once again had reality TV potential in the worst way possible!
I am sure a lot happened last week yet it got all consumed by the last three days when we quickly painted the living room. So to mix things up a little I proudly present you thoughts, cruses and other funny yet desperate shit that we had to face whilst painting the living room this Easter weekend. In list form, linking up with Meg!
In the home – improvement market
- Did I really pick the right color?
- Isn’t the color too green?
- Why do all colors look the same now?
- Isn’t the color too grey?
- Do we have all the things we need? Do we have enough color, brushes, plastic sheets, tape?
- Is this really enough color? I mean really?
- This is more than enough color! Seriously I don’t want to hoard so much spare color in the basement again!
- Stop being so annoying!
- YOU WANTED THIS FUCKING COLOR!
At home preparing the living room
- Why do we have so much stuff?
- Why is it so dusty? I clean the fucking apartment all the time!
- This is NOT enough plastic foil! → Stefan makes a quick trip to his parents and the home – improvement market 10 min before they close for the next two days
- Let’s just cover the funiture quickly!
- Please really make sure to cover everything in foil. I really don’t want any paint splatters on the furniture
- 30 min later: Oh fuck off we just paint more careful then….
- 40 min later: I have so much more respect for Dexter now!
- I think I didn’t tape the stripe right. It’s not exact. I guess there’s a 2/10 of a millimeter width difference.
- Fuck! You said QUICKLY!!!!!!
- It’s much more life threatening for Dexter! You can’t compare that!
- Can you go away please!
- No I think we really need to prime coat with white.
- This doesn’t look like enough white!
- Oh look I am paining. I am doing this really well. I am such a pro!
- I go to the groceries now!
- I make food now.
- I really want to order pizza now!
- Did this color always look so green?
- Does this always take so long?
- I am so funny! You just can’t handle it!
- I TOLD YOU!!!!!
- I am not saying it again! Okay I do…. I TOLD YOU!!!!!
- Let’s just pretend we painted the ceiling already, okay?
- You can’t paint like that! Stop it. STOP IT!!!!!
- You are not funny!
- You are not helpful!
- GO EAT SOMETHING!!!!!
- I hope you can’t see the brush strokes anymore once it’s dry!
- FUCK!!!! THIS IS NOT ENOUGH WHITE! → Good Friday and all shops closed. Luckily our brother-in-law could help out with some white color!
- This green looks kinda blue!
- I am beyond grateful I did go to college and didn’t train to become a painter!
- FUCK!!!! WE HAVE NOT ENOUGH GREEN! → Going out to pick up two more buckets in two different home-improvement markets because of course the first one had only one left!
IN BETWEEN AND AFTER
- Yesssssss – pizza, TV and beer in bed!!!!
- As much fun as it sounds to live on your bed for a few days, the reality doesn’t live up to my expectations!
- I really want ice cream now!
- I have never vacuumed that much!
- Next time we pay someone! I mean it!
- Why is it dusty again?
- I didn’t step in the paint.
- This wasn’t me!
- ooops sorry!
- Can we quicky change the pictures?
- As we have 1 and a half buckets of green left… how about painting the hallway?
- Next time? There’s no next time!
- I hate your enthusiasm for new projects!
- I really
needwant beer now!
- YOU SAID QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
It may not sound like it but we definitely had a fun weekend together though you can’t deny that it was exhausting and we are glad to relax in our newly improved living room. A few new pictures are yet to come but all in all we love the change and the new look. Despite all obstacles I think we did marvellous!
And yes if you might wonder, we really speak like that with each other. Usually it’s all with a smirk and a portion of humor. We do love each other but we also really like to tease each other 😉