Last week has been weird. I can’t describe it any better. A lot of things were just off and pulled me down physically and emotionally.
I felt burned out, I felt not motivated to do anything, I started to dress up for work and even used lipstick the other day which might not sound super odd but is a warning sign for me. I only dress up for occaisions that are not worth dressing up for when I am in inner turmoil. I think I use it as a disguise.
But I am kind back to normal today. Calm on the inside, not particularly girly on the outside – yes I feel like myself again and I like it!
I also started to make a few lists for the next week and month and it makes my day look even a bit brighter. Now let’s finally have a look at last week which aside from me feeling very off wasn’t too bad from an objective point of view. I am also linking up with Meg to list my last week in style 😉
- Stefan and I had both been sick last week. Monday to Wednesday we both stayed at home. My attempts to drug off the flu just didn’t work out so we just resigned to our fate. I worked a little on each day but I just tried to do the little necessary things like responding to a few emails and read through a proposal my boss sent us and discussed a few things with my colleague on the phone.
- On Thursday I went back to work and the first brilliant news I got were that due to construction work in our office building the parking lot will be closed for round about two years starting in a couple of weeks. Additionally there will only be one bathroom open on the 1st floor for approx. the same time. I am on the 5th floor. Let’s not even think about the noise that comes with it. I guess I will just work from home a lot more in the future! And THAT doesn’t sound too shabby to me at all.
- I had a very good coaching and a very good training last week but I didn’t do anything else in the office. I always feel like coaching and training is no real work even though it’s the most exhausting task at work for me. Real work is somehow only working at my desk and so I am glad to be back and work with a regular schedule now. I missed my lists.
- Spring is coming! I am feeling it. It’s getting warmer and I love it! I am longing for the sun and brightness
- I managed to post three times last week. Then I felt overwhelmed and took off the weekend from the internet. I limited myself to snapchat but didn’t do any blog reading, Facebook or Instagram and it felt really good. I hope to catch up on my bloglovin feed and other social media channels tonight. But no pressure.
- Other than that it was really interesting to write this post about body image in terms of putting my feelings into words. My emotions and feelings are so contradicting regarding the whole topic that it’s hard to explain my current position. I think I might not have explained myself right but it was helpful to put it out there. I also talked about the whole topic in real life and getting two other perspectives was very helpful as well. I certainly don’t have a magic bullet but I think I know how I am going to proceed now.
- We spent Friday evening at my friend Sandra’s place and had a BBQ.
- We always kick start BBQ season in March and this was her birthday gift for me. It was awesome. We had such a blast! We had steak, butter, veggies, nachos, wine and wodka. She had a choice of fancy ones but I prefered the cheaper one because I liked the bottle best.
- Saturday was a very lazy day besides grocery shopping, some cooking and running a few errands we didn’t do much. We will paint our living room over the easter weekend so we went to pick up the color. I always feel overwhelmed and all colorst start to look the same when I give it too much thought. But we have chosen and I think I just have to love it now. There’s no way back and I am getting itchy already because I’d definitely prefer to start painting asap.
- On Sunday morning we went to a friend to celebrate her birthday with a birthday brunch. Adults were almost being outnumbered by kids by 14:11. Seriously where do all these kids come from? My high school class must be very fertile. We gave her adult stuff. Adult food and drinks. She appreciated it. She has never been a strong sharer 😉
- In the afternoon I made pesto. I found wild garlic on Saturday and I was so excited. The season for it is so very short and I cooked a huge batch of Wild Garlic Parmesan Pesto! Look how pretty and green it makes the gnocchi! And it tastes like spring.
- We also booked some more accomodation for our US trip and I kinda set my heart on doing something fun in San Diego if I am brave enough. We’ll see.
- We ended the day eating Pesto Gnocchi Salad on the couch and watching TV.
Monday’s responsabilities are calling my name. Game plan for the day: Working through my managable to-do list, heading home and cooking food, catching up on my social media and blog reader. I kinda like the thought!