Before we dive straight into today’s post I have a big fat HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my lovely husband. Today four years ago this gorgeous man asked me to marry him in the most typical way possible and after staring at him in shock for quite a while I obviously said yes. Fast forward 4 years I haven’t had any regrets for a single moment even though he sometimes drives me bonkers. But I guess that’s what love and marriage is all about.
So here’s to a few more decades of happiness! No matter what comes next I am excited to share it with you ♥
Okay soppy is over and fast forward 4 years it’s also Monday and hence I am going to share some tidbits from last week. Figuratively and also quite literally as I have realized that all the pictures I took last week were food pictures. So let’s get listing and link up with lovely Meg for a little review of last weeks happenings.
- Work was again a bit on the crazy side last week with two long days and some coaching that again took much longer than anticipated. Seriously what’s that with these groups this year? They all need much more time than the groups from the past few years. I even had a skype group coaching. Three clients in my office and one in Texas. It was fun and I was really impressed how well video chatting worked for that matter.
- I even got some thesis related reading done. I keep on telling myself that I need to start writing now. I just need to start and then things will fall into place. But I still hesitate. Queen of procrastination here!
- We made ice cream for the first time 😀 Coconut Coffee Ice Cream. It tasted a bit like soft serve. It was good but I was not love love love. But I am keen on trying more recipes and eventually getting creative myself.
- I went to Crossfit once and was signed up for another class that was cancelled last minute. I count it as a win because I was prepared to go. Don’t argue with me on that, you’ll lose!
- Stefan made us Cocktails the other night and it was glorious. This man is a bartender. I haven’t had a craving for fruity Cocktails in a very long time but last week it kinda hit me and he made me Bailey’s Colada. Yes, that’s a thing.
- I managed to get out two posts last week again. I’d love to post more but I have not enough energy nor do I have to say something that needs to be said immediately so I am happy with two posts and don’t try to put any pressure on myself. It’s not healthy neither is it necessary at all!
- Though I was really happy to bring these Gnocchi in Sage Butter your way. It was a long time coming but oh so worth it!
- Stefan brought home the flu on Wednesday and is almost knocked out ever since. So it was up to me to feed him, pitty him, clean and do the groceries all by myself.
- On Friday we had planned to check out Bottles and Burgers – a new restaurant in town. As this fell trough due to the flu I brought bottles and burgers home instead. BBQ Burgers with caramelized Whiskey Onions which are saved to be shared with you at some point.
- I am on a huge bagle bender lately. Last week I had a weird dream about bagels and so I had to get some and make me an epic bagel sandwich. The egg was not runny enough sadly. So this means I obviously need to practice a little 😉
- I made Oreo Granola Bars for the 700th time this weekend and finally finally finally I got them right! Now I contemplate if I should even post them because quite frankly it’s not really my recipe anymore. I cried for help so many times that Arman has contributed much more to this recipe than I. But they are delicious and that’s all that counts, right?
- Besides the food shenanigans Stefan spent the majority of our weekend on the couch chatting, watching TV and pitying ourselves – first flu symptoms over here as well. But I drug myself up to the eyeballs with medicine so fingers crossed it will pass soon.
- I also did a lot of online shopping. I need a few things for spring. Most of my cloths are so old! All new things are workout attire.
- I had a long skype date with Meg. We were making plans for the summer and catching up on our exessive lives.
- Meanwhile Stefan made pizza dough that resulted in tada…. pizza!
This delicious week is over and another one is starting. I am working from home now and fighting the flu. Fingers crossed this will pass soon.
Happy start to the week