Intros suck, intros suck, intros suck….
Sorry but that has to be said at some point. Staring at blank pages – even blank screens doesn’t help much either. So today I am not even trying to come up with something funny that evokes nothing but a mild smile and you and I all know that it’s forced and unnatural! I am no fan of this and I am sure neither are you!
So in good old week in review tradition I made us a list containing all the minor and major things that happened in my life last week. Okay probably not everything made it on said list of course. I spare you the absolute lows like housework and also keep a few private things to myself. A girl has to have her secrets, right? But to make up for that I show a the pretty sky from my kitchen window from yesterday. That’s way better anyway because I am actually pretty boring.
A LOT took a backseat last week as I was sick. But judging from the length of this post alone I got some serious shit done nonetheless. At least if you count watching youtube videos and eating a whole pan of brownies all by myself as an accomplishment. I do by the way because it was exactly what I needed.
So let’s catch up! And if you haven’t already anyway go and visit Meg who’s the host of this link-up and women behind this whole idea!
- It might be a dellusion but I feel like it’s finally going up after a few weeks of down down down only. Maybe I just cope better with everything now or maybe it’s the sun that is shining very bright and friendly outside. It’s also pretty warm as if spring was close. I like it! But whatever it is I take it happily because feeling uneasy for weeks has been emotionally stressful. It’s time for feeling more carefree again though I doubt that I have ever been truely carefree in my life before.
- I worked almost 10 h on Monday to get everything done before going home and staying on the couch for two days. I had headaches and a cold. It’s fun what you get done when you’re at home for two days even though nothing of it had been on your to-do list for the week.
- Like I watched about 16 hours worth of youtube videos. It’s a guilty pleasure!
- I finished a 4 year old craft.
- As I was feeling like shit anyway I found the motivation to pluck my eyebrows and remove hair from other areas of my body as well. When you can’t remember the last time you shaved your legs, it’s probably too long ago!
- I cooked me Mexican Sweetpotato Fries twice and even managed to take a few pictures. I also posted the recipe later that week.
- I worked on another post I hope to get published this week but my headaches made me postpone that.
- On Thursday I was finally feeling better and went back to work. I caught up with everything that had piled up over my sick days which wasn’t too bad actually.
- On Friday I worked from home and later that day I went to the sauna with my friend Sandra. The sauna was a bit too hot for me – I guess as an aftermath of the cold so we literally only hung out at the pool bar or in the giant warm pool area. I always think that whatever insecurity one has with their body they should probably go there. So many naked bodies and all so not perfect in the polished fashion magazine sense of the word. It’s extremely freeing.
- In the evening Stefan and I met with friends to play poker. They live only two minutes away from us which was perfect as I had to leave and go to bed a little earlier than Stefan. I am such a bad poker player. I mean I am usually pretty long in the game but I am physically unable to make a poker face and I am also so not a gambler. I can’t bluff. Seriously. It was a fun evening nonetheless with a lot of laughter on my behalf.
- On Saturday I had my second photography class which I was looking forward to for weeks already. It was every bit as cool as I had anticipated. Figuratively and literally. Unfortunately the weather was horrible and we were stuck inside pretty much the whole day although 70% of the course was supposed to be outdoors. We needed to get a little creative to find subjects but in the end we all got some pretty decent shots. It’s fun to see how people interpret the same exercise completely different. This is my prime shot which I really love!
- After the course Stefan and I met for coffee and later we went to a Vietnamese restaurant with Stefan’s cousine and her boyfriend. We had a really great evening and when the restaurant closed we moved on to a bar and had a drink before taking the train back home.
- Sunday was a lazy day. I made my vow to stay in my PJs all day become reality. I slept in (8.15 am – whoot whoot!) and also took a nap in the afternoon. I was so tired the whole day like I haven’t been in months.
- In the morning I played a bit with my camera and later in the afternoon Stefan and I had coffee and sugary treats.
- I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on my more than neglected blog reading and other blog related stuff. That has become my favorite part of the week.
- Sunday evening Stefan cooked for us. He made us the best ribs I have ever had. The meat just fell off the bone and the marinade was just the most amazing thing I have ever had. I love when he cooks for me. Especially because he does it way better than I do. There were also homemade fries but we had to eat one after the other because they needed some extra oven time after the meat was done. It wasn’t the worst.
- On a sidenote. I created my own get shit done daily planner template a few weeks ago and I use it ever since. I love it so much because I made it completely acording to my needs. Next step is a weekly planner template which I hope to tackle this week.
Okay guys, I’ve already printed my planner for today and it waits for me to be filled with the shit I have to do. Luckily I think my top priorities are very achieveable in almost no time I like when a Monday starts like that. The rest of the week will be pretty full of appointments and coaching and I give a 7 hour training on Friday so I love that I can start the week slowly at least.
Have a good one peeps