Hello Friends, it’s Monday and that means it’s week in review time! I am going to take you on a little trip with me today. We’re visiting my past week and I tell you a bit about what’s going on in my life. Buckle up and enjoy. I hope you haven’t eaten already because it’s going to be heavy on the food side this time.
I am not going to lie. The past two weeks have been hard for me. I feel like I am riding on an emotional rollercoaster and it stresses me immensely. But I have every intention to keep it with Barney Stinson and start my week awesome! I know it’s not an acceptable coping strategy for the long run but for now it’s working for me. So whatever!
Let’s spread all the awesomeness I am deluding myself into and put it into list form to link it up with Meg, the Queen of lists! And let’s all cross our fingers that it won’t be a delusion for long. Fake it till you make it, right?
- My first and foremost accomplishment #1 and greatest thing to be grateful about: Escaping carnival! Seriously I fucking hate carnival and I am super happy that it’s over and that I made it through ‘the 5th season’ without noticing much about it.
- It actually didn’t cause me much trouble to staying away from the freak show outside besides swapping my home office days once last week. Though I have to admit that the day went a little different than planned yet it inspired a funny post. If you haven’t already joined me working from home for one day I highly recommend to do it now. I promise you will feel so much better about your own work accomplishments!
- Three posts seems all I can manage at the moment and I am alright with that though in the long run I’d like to go back to four. Nevertheless next to my home office day shenanigans I also posted this Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake Smoothie
- My new program round started on Monday evening and I was at my worst! I had been unconcentrated for the whole day and my moderation and speaking skills were subpar and that’s already an euphemism! But I somehow got over it and my coachings (I just typed couching!) started out very good. Let’s hope I can redeem appearing like an imbecile.
- All in all I got a lot of work done last week and despite the usual disciplinary issues I have with my clients every single year I can’t really complain about anything work related!
- I worked a bit on a recipe which I really like. Not so much I liked the photos so I definitely have to reshoot. Here’s a little sneak peek though 🙂
- I went to Crossfit on Thursday and loved it! I love it every time I go but it’s so hard to motivate myself to go in the first place.
- I managed to call it a day early on Friday and on my way home I was very cheery and in an exceptionally great mood. It must be some kind of sun-induced hormones that send me on a slightly deluding trip because out of the blue I had the urge to go for a run. For the first time since last June I think. I changed and off I ran. I opted for easy 5 k and for you it might not be totally surprising yet for me it was: it tortured me! I was deadbeat afterwards. God I haven’t been so out of shape or endurance or whatever in years!
- Friday evening ended with some antipasti and me passing out on the couch at 8.30 pm. I obviosly lack endurance in many areas!
- On Saturday I finally had the first of two photography classes I am taking in February. This week was about photo editing. It was pretty cool and I feel like I really learned something. I ‘just’ have to put it in practice now.
- By the way if we’re not snapchat friends already this needs to be rectified.
- After the course I met Stefan at the fancy Thai restaurant we go once a year. The food was every bit as we had anticipated. Very tasty and very pricey. We ordered cocktails, starters, wine, main dishes and shared a dessert anyway. When you treat yourself you gotta treat yourself right!
- On Sunday – Valentines Day – we slept in and then I got spoilt a little with breakfast sandwiches.
- Stefan also made us hot chocolate lava cakes later for lunch and over the cake we talked a little about travel planning. We also booked 4 nights in a place we have been before. In this area there’s so much to see and we have only been able to do a bit so we still have a long list of places to visit. And then we also booked 4 nights in beach house in San Diego. I can’t wait to wake up and drink my morning coffee on the beach.
- I spent the evening in front of the TV, editing photos, catching up with blog reading and commenting and answering comments before sleep found me and knocked me out for a solid 7h.
Today the craze starts over again and I am also fighting a cold. Fingers crossed that I win this fight! So far have a lovely week friends! And if not, let’s put on a brave face and fake it till we make it!