It’s Monday morning and I am sipping coffee on my couch. My new program round starts today and as I have to stay at work until 9 pm at least I will stay at home this morning. I’ve already had breakfast and the sun is shining. After getting up at six I moved to the couch and slept there for an extra hour. No shame. Sometimes this is the most rewarding sleep.
In a few minutes though I will have to get ready to run some errands. Luckily I decided to work from home tomorrow already. It’s carnival and this is maybe the time of the year I love the most. I love it so much that I decided to hide in my apartment and shut out the rest of the world until it’s finally over on Wednesday. Also because of a carnival procession one of the towns I have to pass on my commute will be blocked. I don’t have to say anything else, right?
But for now let’s have a look at last week and catch up a bit. One week into February, the year is picking up pace! Let’s talk about all the remarkable things that happened and all the shit I got done with lovely Meg.
Please bear with the snippets of sarcasm here and there, I have a hard time biting it back today!
- I have been a busy bee at work last week and people, let me tell you I was killing it in that department! By Tuesday I had smashed my last week’s to-do list already!
- I helped out a friend of a friend designing a flyer for his specialitiy foods business. It was fun. Something different from what I do usually
- I made remarkable progress with my dissertation. I managed to work on it a little on Wednesday and a lot on Friday. On Friday I went to the University library with my friend and I think the change of scenery and my friend sitting next to me keeping me in check worked wonders! I hope we can do this again this week
- Because I managed my time so effectively at work I had the pleasure to get in a 3 h nap by accident on Thursday afternoon! Sadly it was the only day for me to get much sleep. The last weekend definitely came up short.
- Blog stuff and Crossfit took a backseat while I was busy dealing with life. On a positive sidenote I finally got a ‘Pin it’ hoover button. Hooray!
- I got a manicure on Saturday. A cheerful color to cheer me up!
- Stefan and I also engaged in some travel planning and booked a few accommodations – I can’t believe it’s still so far away
- We also indulged in some coffee with Bailey’s – something we haven’t done in quite a while now
- I smashed my phone completely. The glass is pulverized in the one corner and the frame is broken too. Getting it fixed is so darn expensive that I decided to get a new one instead. The joys of being a klutz!
- I also ripped a gigantic hole in the ass area of my favorite pajama pants – perfect, just perfect!
- Stefan cooked for me on Saturday! Homemade fries and chicken nuggets.
- I did the usual cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, recycling, cleaning again – all the stuff that keeps you a functional human being. I think I also showered and washed my hair a socially acceptable amount of times. But I can’t actually remember properly.
- I cooked Spicy Chasew Beef with Veggies in Brown Sauce. It’s so delicious. And I just love how it looks!
- On Suday morning we visited friends for brunch. After having twins in September my friend’s now mommy of three little boys. They are so cute and funny. We laughed so much!
- The week ended slowly. I crashed on the couch and Stefan stayed up late to watch the Superbowl.
Okay I am almost running late now! Let’s hope for a good kick-off event today. And a new phone.
Happy Monday friends!