People, this was a strange week. On the surface I haven’t had the best of weeks but actually I felt pretty well balanced and content most time. This is an amazing thing. Maybe the days of violent mood swings are over? Pretty please? By the way with violent I mean painful for me, not that I am actually violent. I am a pacifist. And I am also too much of a chicken to attack someone either verbally or physically. What happens in my brain is another thing altogether…
But I digress. It’s been a strange week. But nonetheless a little bit happened here in my tiny neck of the woods even though I haven’t actually done much. Nonetheless I am totally banning this thought from my mind now as I can’t possibly say this out loud without risking to get told off by Meg. Justified and with all my support I might add!
The good thing is so it’s another week and I have already scribbled another list I have to tackle. On the top a few not so nice work issues but I’ll troubleshoot later. First let’s have a look at last week and catch up properly list style!
Food & Health
- Health hasn’t been at its best last week. After my medical check-up last Monday I felt very sluggish for the rest of Monday and also Tuesday. I went to work Tuesday and Wednesday and also Thursday morning. Thursday noon I felt very sick. I assume I had some kind of food poisoning. It was so bad that I had this internat debate whether it would be better to go immediately or wiser to wait until the worst is over. I decided to hurry home and that was for the best! I kinda slept through the whole afternoon and decided to stay at home Friday as well. I was still feeling weak. Luckily everything is okay again now. I hate being sick so much!
- So despite my plans to go to Crossfit three times I made it only one time. But that’s life. Next week will be better again.
- Even though I wasn’t my ususal sparkling self I got to make this fabulous recipe of Parmesan Marinara Meatballs! I even managed to get a decent photo shoot and to pin a recipe post!
- I made a giant batch of slow cooker pulled beef. I have a recipe for it and at some point I will for sure take a few nice pictures but I haven’t managed that by now. Room for improvement 😛
- It’s kinda random but I had THE BEST Avocado ever last week! The flesh was basically melting in my mouth!
Work & Play
- Let’s not talk about work. Besides a few appointments I didn’t get done anything! Stupid sick days!!!
- On Wednesday afternoon my colleague Katharina and I went shoe shopping after work and had a coffee afterwards. It was so nice to talk a little outside of the office. I wanted to buy new boots as I had wet feet in mine a few days in a row but ended up with these lovelies! Not exactly waterproof either but hey, they were on sales!
- I built a little snowman that instantly started melting, got snowed over and then melted for good.
- Most evenings looked like this. Me lying on the couch drinking water and doing nothing. I just didn’t really feel it last week!
- On Saturday we tackled our long list of chores. We went grocery shopping, cleaned the apartment, I steam cleaned both bathrooms from top to bottom, we mapped out a game plan for refurbishing the apartment and almost agreed on a new color for the living room. Stefan did the laundry, the dusting and hoovered. I mopped the floors.
- Post cleaning we had a coffee and an Eggnog Krapfen (I think it’s pretty much like a filled doughnut) in our wonderful clean kitchen nook and enjoyed the last rays of sunshine.
- On Sunday we celebrated my niece’s birthday. We gave her White Chocolate Macadamia Granola because she alsways steels it from her daddy.
- I also brought my brother-in -law a new batch. I gave it to him for his birthday and he demanded this present to be a flatrate. Haha this is the most popular recipe among friends and family. Stefan and I are no exception 😉 It’s prettier with chocolate chips but we don’t have them here in Germany so I have to chop up regular white chocolate. Taste wise you can’t complain though.
- I spent the evening with my laptop and Stefan watched Football. I love when we spent time together on the couch and both of us occupie ourselves with whatever we want to do. And in between we talk a little.
Okay the week is officially starting for me. I have such a shitty long to do list as everything from last week just piles up on top of this week’s tasks. I’ll hurry though. I want to leave after 8 hours and spend my evening on my couch. Let the trouble shooting beginn!