10 days till Christmas lovelies! I don’t really know how I should get done everything that’s on my list. I mean come on, 10 days!!! But one step at a time, right? Cause when I look at last week I have to give me a pat on my back and tell myself that I have indeed been a superhero! Maybe I can even believe myself 😉
By the way this is exactly why I think this link-up party is so beneficial for me. I always have the feeling that I am too lazy. That I could and should do more. But when I sit down and write down what I really made happen in only 7 days I just can’t deny anymore how amazing I am 😉 No jokes aside. Starting with this Monday morning boosts my motivation and brings me self-affirmation. No better feeling to tackle a whole new bunch of tasks, right?
So that was a smooth intro, wasn’t it? Maybe I should add intro writing on my resume under special skills. Or maybe better not. My intros suck most of the time. I am pretty good with lists though! ← see how smooth this was!!! No? Really not? Come on guys….
Okay let’s move on to the lists then. Pffft…..
- I worked roughly speaking 2 home office days and two evenings on my presentation. 2 more days to finish it and I am a bit… let’s say overwhelmed with what I still have to do for it.
- I had two group coachings and one one-to-one coaching last week. I file them all under ‘success’
- I also got some administrative stuff done that was long overdue. It’s so tedious sometimes!
- My colleague and I had a quick trip to IKEA. We needed some things for the office and I needed a new kitchen lamp. My thick skull had damaged the one I had and I needed to get a new one as quickly as possible.
- I wrote 5 and published 4 posts for the blog.
- I also spoke about something that really bothers me in my everyday life aka I speak with my clients about all the time and also see in my private life: The imbalance between the career we need to be happy and the career many of us (think they should) have instead!
- I worked a few evening hours on the blog. The beauty of a husband who didn’t ditch a single Christmas party! Btw I turned down every remaining Christmas party invitation. And I am really glad about it!
- I installed a new header. I really like it. It was trial #500. At least it felt like that. I also made good progress in updating all those backlinks. I also played around with the layout a bit. Slowly I get closer to the look I wanted for my page.
- I also made the site a little more personal with finally uploading an image – it is a bit strange when I look at myself every time I open my blog but I’ll get used to it eventually. I also installed this neat little Instagram plugin. I couldn’t get the Pinterest plugin up and running but I guess it’s okay to have something left for next week 😉
- I went to Crossfit once. It was fun. We worked on our Snatch. I like working with the barbell. It makes me feel so badass 😉 My weights were tiny which decreased my badassy self-perception a bit but whatever….. Once a week is not good for me but I decided to lift the pressure of my back and just go there when I can. I will start over to go more regularly again up from January on.
- On Friday I cleaned the whole apartment. We had a mechanic coming over in the afternoon and I hate it when the apartment is untidy when someone has to come in. He needed access to all the heaters so he had to enter every single room. So even my room of shame had to be cleaned out. Bummer 😛
- During the week I didn’t cook at all. We had a Chinese take-out on Thursday and we went out for a basked of fried goodies on Wednesday. I was just not up for spending time in the kitchen at all. Until Friday evening. It started with an innocent Blondie and then I spend most of the weekend in this part of the apartment!
- Friday evening when I was at home alone I gave in my cravings for an epic sweet dinner: Cake Batter Blondies with pink sprinkles and a glass of red wine.
- To call my latest smoothie kick huge would be a massive understatement. I had this perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie twice on the weekend. It also happened again this morning 😀 I love this as a sneaky way to get in some greens!
- On Saturday after doing the grocery shopping we bought and also decorated the Christmas tree. It is a bit imbalanced. So I tried to make up for it by going fully OCD on the decoration. The hubby was not completely amused when I didn’t let him hang up a single Christmas ball! Though the tree is really more than only a bit crooked I do love it. It’s a she by the way and her name is Stacy 😉
- I transformed the kitchen into a battlefield twice! I don’t know how anyone can cook unmessy. When I am done the place always looks like multiple things have exploded. Sadly, most of the time this isn’t really far from the truth! But anyways, I keep making a mess when the mess tastes so yummy!
- On Sunday I made granola as a Christmas gift for our colleagues. And I managed to order every Christmas gift that I could get online. A great relief! Now I have something for about 2/3 of all people. I have nothing for Stefan. He is so difficult!
- I also cooked and shooted for two new recipe posts. One turned out perfect and one was a fail. I guess it can’t always work the way you want!
- Stefan made boozy eggnog and Bailey’s in the evening and I busied myself taste testing. That’s what significant other’s are for, right 😉
- As you can see from my pictures I get more and more into snapchat. Well I don’t really get it but I can and do upload pictures. In fact I find myself really liking it. So let’s be snapchat friends ♥
Well okay, all good things come to an end and for me this means publishing this post and then getting prepared and spending about 5 hours in a group coaching now! Hallelujah!
Game plan for the rest of the day: Getting my presentation ready-ish (I have two more days and should be fine!), calling my sick colleague to catch-up, going home early and taking a nap, getting distracted by the blog world, eating yummy stuff and go to bed early! Haha funny, I know!
What’s your favorite superhero?