Hello Monday this week I’m actually glad you’re here!
Gasp….. Shock…..Disbelief…..Juli, is this really you???????
Yes, I know, I know. Let me tell you why!
First I spontaneously decided to work from home today. Friday was a really productive day and I am keen on digging into the data again. Plus I just feel great wearing my PJs all day 😉 And secondly I had one on THOSE DAYS yesterday and I am glad it’s over. Let’s just say I had a few minor kitchen desasters but I am going to tell you about it later.
Now let’s focus on last week’s good old to-do list!
Let’s focus on all the good and productive from last week. Let’s link up with lovely Meg and embrace our big and small accomplishments. Let’s celebrate all the shit we got done in style. List-style!
- Last week was really busy in a good way. I had two group coachings focusing on competencies and job application. It was really really good but I was done after each 4,5 h session. My clients were all really pleased and I got an incredibly sweet thank you email from one of them. It made my entire week!
- On Wednesday I almost forgot that I had my PhD class in the evening so I found myself rushing there right after work. This semester this class is 100% annoying. It’s a shame because I always liked going there. This semester it consists of horrible presentations only. Next week is my turn. I hope I can break with that tradition!
- The good thing was that I went on a spontaneous date with the hubby afterwards. Wine and pizza on a weeknight. Now that’s a tradition I’d like to carry on!
- On Friday I worked from home and I swimmingly dived into my data and made a good progress. When I can keep that up for the next 10 days I’ll be able to show some interesting results next week. Fingers crossed!
- On Thursday I went to Crossfit for the first time in forever. I arranged to meet there with my Crossfit buddy and after the workout we got veggie sushi and went to her place together to properly catch-up. We haven’t had a chance to do this for a few weeks and it was good to see her again.
- I had prepared a pre-workout smoothie with banana and peanut butter but sadly I forgot to take it out of the freezer. My class was at 5 pm and I finally drank it at 11 pm when it was kinda liquid again 😛
- Luckily Saturday came really quickly. After the weekly grocery tour we met with a friend and went on a mini road trip to Narnia. The Christmas market there is just wonderful and so we go there every year! The food is truly amazing! They have special mulled wines and the people are extraordinarily friendly for a German village. It’s an out of a fairly tale place! They even have living animals there. Tired animals 🙂
- I finally found me a little festive spirit. Yay!
- At the same time I made the executive decision not to decorate the apartment this year. We’ll have a tree (if we find the time to buy one) but nothing more!
- I also started the Christmas shopping. I didn’t actually buy anything but I know some things I am going to order online. I know I know… but I have no time to hit the shops. And seriously have YOU hit the shops in Munich in December before? It’s purgatory!
- The only thing I actually bought when we were in Narnia was a Christmas present for me. One my mum will give me. A 70 l trekking backpack for future travels. I am in love! Usually I don’t like to buy me my own things. It’s a bit off the whole idea of Christmas gifts to me but in this case it was the better way. I had a really specific picture of the backpack in mind and I also needed to try it on. You get a sneak peek. I handed it over to my mom yesterday and have kinda withdrawal symptoms now. It’s insane I know.
- On a related note Stefan and I got into travel talk last week. We have a good idea of which area we are going to tackle next year but we need to work on the finer details now aka short-listing the places we can fit in. There are just sooooooooooooooo many places we want to see! Sadly there’s also sooooooooooooooo little time and money to go everywhere!
- When we came home Saturday evening Stefan went to a Christmas party. I piked out. I chilled a little on the couch and then the bumble bees in my ass woke up again and made me quite restless. I poured me a glass of wine and spend three hours updating backlinks on my blog. I have managed to complete the better part of it now but it’s a tedious job. It was satisfying though to get some of it done. I hope by the end of the year I’ll have it up and running the way I want it to run and look. If only I knew how I’d like it to look!
- Yesterday was one of these days where everything you start kinda doesn’t work the way you want. EVERY SINGLE TIME when I opened a kitchen wall unit something fell on me. I swear every single time! And the bad luck went on. On Sunday morning I made chocolate crossies for a christmas party at my brother and sister-in-law’s. The kitchen resembled a chocolate covered battle field afterwards. I am a messy cook in general but yesterday was extremely messy! I splattered the kitchen and myself with milk when I tried to make hot chocolate in the evening. I spilled tomatoe sauce on the wall when I stirred through the slow cooker and burned myself three times during the day! In threw a hissy fit and snapped at the poor hubby when he came looking for me. All in all I spent more time cleaning than actually cooking!
- For once I managed a decent meal prep though. This is 6 portions worth of burrito bowls. Win!
- Food in general was awesome this weekend and I can hardly wait to dig into my lunch bowl later!
Wow, that was long today! Kudos for making it through the post. Okay now it’s time for my second cup of coffee aka the starbucks cup 🙂
Game plan for the day: Analyzing data, anayzing data, analyzing data, eating a burrito bowl, reading all Week in Review blog posts and maybe researching a little for a new blog header. Stefan won’t come home until very late today. I seriously don’t know how he’s managing to go out so much at the moment. So nobody complains when I work until late. I often work better in the evening than during the day so all pressure to get something done during normal office hours is off. Time for a nap…..
Do you have any travel plans for next year already?
Have a lovely week you all! Mulled wine, Christmas cookies or Krautspätzle included 🙂