When there is granola in the house I have absolutely no self-control.
I once made the hubby granola, filled it into two large jars and before he came home one was gone already. Damn it, that was supposed to be my secret! Hi honey, forget that, I was just making up a good story. Of course I made you ONE jar of granola. ONE jar, just for you!
Who am I kidding? He knows me and clearly doesn’t buy it! Nor should anyone trust me around granola!
Okay now that the cat is out of the bag sort of, I can tell you the whole truth as well! Every time I entered the kitchen that day I found myself with my hand in the jar. It was so damn good!
So this year when I wanted to make Stefan a heathy (my demand) sweet and chocolatey (his demand) Advent Calendar granola seemed the best choice to fill it with.
Next to our staple granolas I wanted to make him something new and different. Something featuring one of my favorite nutbutters. Something salty and chocolatey. Something like my favorite combos of all times: White Chocolate and Macadamia!
I am keen on the cookies and also very keen on this Drippy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter which I put in best use in this delicious White Chocolate Macadamia Granola!
This granola is the perfect combination of dessert and breakfast. Breakfast for dessert – dessert for breakfast, who cares, I am not shy to want it all. It’s deliciously crunchy with a soft twist provided by the heavy use of white chocolate chips. It’s great on greek yoghurt (says the hubby), it’s perfect for snacking on every time you enter the kitchen (say I) but the ultimate flavor explosion happens when you pour over some macadamia nut milk and let the white chocolatey goodness melt into the milk.
Keen to grab the recipe? You’d better be!
- 2/3 cup White Chocolate Macadamia Nutbutter
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted macadamia nuts - roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Give the macadamia nut butter in a bowl and microwave until melted
- Add the oil, syrup, salt and vanilla extract and stir well using a fork
- Add the oats and stir again until all the oats are well covered
- Spread the oat mixture on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and place on the bottom rack of the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes stirring through every 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool
- Once completely cooled stir in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
- Make sure the granola doesn't get too dark in the baking process - you might stir in the edges more often depending on your oven
- It's fine when the oats are not really crispy when they come out of the oven. They will get crispy when they cool
- If you're not a fan of the sweet and salt combo ommit the salt, especially when you use salted nuts
- The granola tastes best eaten with macadamia milk
So after filling my husband’s Advent Calendar with it (and also giving away some samples) I tweaked the recipe a bit (aka added more chocolate) and now in my humble eyes it’s perfect!
I didn’t exactly make a new batch because I was keen to post this recipe though. Actually that was ment to be a precaution. The Advent Calendar is in easy reach for me and I was dearly worried I could just accidently raid the damn thing and then make a beeline to the grocery store to stock it up again with store bought chocolate. Wife of the year? Clearly not! Greedy as fuck? Hell yes!
Luckily it works! So please excuse me now, writing got a bit difficult with only one hand while the other one is stuck in a jar 😉
And for the curious of you who clearly can’t sleep another night without knowing the other two granolas I made, it’s this Double Chocolate Coconut Granola and that Hazelnut Espresso Granola. Two of our favorites!
What’s your favorite granola recipe? I get a bit gaga with ideas right now!