Gosh guys, what a week! We’re back home since yesterday morning and it’s safe to say we did it all wrong once we arrived home! Meaning we crashed on the couch and slept for a solid 3 hours. The jetlag will kill me tonight but that’s a whole different story!
You might remember that I was travelling last week and so my ‘to-do list’ was pretty short. It wasn’t for once about sights and food but about people and food. I know I am predictable. I consider it to be a very successful week though simply because I rocked them both 😉
As always so so so much happened within one week of travel so that I decided to sum it up as much as I can and spare you a lenghthy and boring 5 pages long travel recap. Seriously who wants to read this? A good view nobody can resist though, right?
I am linking up with Meg to talk about last week in good old list style.
- I have been unable to shut up about my excitement to go to Cleveland and meet two of my favorites for a few weeks now and I think I don’t get ahead too much when I tell you right away that it was worth every minute of excitement.
- The journey leading to this meet up was unfortunately not the smoothest. I am not going into too much detail but I ended up spending 35 h on a plane or at an airport and ‘visiting’ New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Ohio and North Carolina all within three days.
- Delta played evil tricks on me and a lot of cursing and shameless complaining was included. You have to release the stress somehow, haven’t you? And strangling random Delta employees didn’t seem like a wise choice to me. In the end I made it with only 5 hours delay and massively stressed but I relaxed instantly when I set foot on Ohio soil! And the presence of these two lovebugs made up for any shitty journey!
- We spend a few hours chatting close by the fireside and I was spoilt rotten with everything I could have asked for. I was picked up from the airport with necessary coffee and booze (photo ninjaed from Meg), we headed to this wonderful sandwich place and I got to eat a holy lot of berries and fabulous granola.
- But the best thing for me was how absolutely natural it felt up from the first second. Much more like meeting old friends than meeting someone you have never met in person before.
- Back in New York things didn’t exactly slow down as I had assumed. We made it a point to have a relaxed breakfasts and took coffe breaks (or access to wifi breaks as I like to call them) every so often.
- We went to the One World Observatory at sunset.
- We went for a long walk over Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge.
- We went for a long walk through Central Park
- I had my first Thanksgiving Dinner. The food was really good, especially the Pumpkin Pie but in the end of the day I would have prefered a Burger nonetheless. I guess you can’t really change who you are and I am definitely more of a non-fancy person.
- I went to eat at Whole Foods 5 times- perfect for my random breakfast cravings. I also went shopping there. And at Trader Joe’s. It ended badly. I also stocked up on cocoa powder after I had to promise to buy at least 3 packages. I don’t regret it. It’s amazing but I could have done without the mockery of my husband who nonetheless carried the cocoa through Manhatten for the rest of the day. I suspect he hopes I make him (bean free) Brownies 😉
- I bought some food props which I love. I just adore blue bowls!
- As always I had a good one hour every morning before
I wokeStefan got up. I seized that hour to catch up on blogs and I also downloaded and installed snapchat again. The navigation is not exactly intuitive and I need to familiarize with it before I start using it. Let’s see if it happens.
- Black Friday came and went and I survived unscratched but in a foul mood. It’s not exactly my favorite kind of thing to do.
- We went to a few fabulous restaurants and bars. Have you ever been to Buddakan? Seriously the food was to die for! Sadly, the bill was as well!
- I am glad we got to spend some quality time with my friend Sandra! We rarely make it these days at home!
- The week passed way too quickly and way too soon we found ourselves at Newark Airport. I had a lenghthy internal debate about wearing the thrombosis tights which was won by my reasonable side over my comfortable side. Damn it! I know it’s better to wear them once in a blue moon than for 14 month straight again but it still sucks.
- I had a great time in New York but not so secretly the trip to Cleveland was my favorite part!
Okay guys, that’s it. Back to normal. Game plan for the day: Fighting jetlag, catching up on work related things, writing a to-do list for the week, fighting jetlag, claiming my blog on bloglovin, finishing the hubby’s advent calendar, cooking dinner, fighting jetlag!
What’s next? I seriously don’t know!