November is playing silly jokes on us. It’s fucking hot outside with temperatures over 20°C (~70°F)! We were even having coffee on the balcony yesterday and I was wearing a t-shirt!
Hello, I want to wear woolen socks and scarfs. And I want to roast chestnuts and drink hot chocolate with whiskey and coffee with Bailey’s. But it still feels like Sangria and colorful beachy cocktails with silly umbrellas. Heck no, where’s my autumn gone?????
I am officially two work weeks out which means panic is kicking in. The next two weeks will be the busiest weeks for the rest of the year and I will have interviews back to back and some other things to sort out in between. The time to relax is officially over!
Last week flew by like a few colorful leaves in an autumn storm but I managed to collect some snippets for you today. To be honest I don’t really have much memory of last week and I was totally relying on my pictures to tell you what was going on. It happens. It’s usually a sign for me that my brain is too occupied to pay close attention. I haven’t figured out if this is good or bad yet.
In any case cheers to Meg for making me think about last week again. If it wasn’t for this link-up – which is my favorite way to start my Monday morning with – the last week would have most probably just vanished in a blur.
So let’s clutch the memories and start with the work part. Then it’s over soon and we have more time for the fun stuff. Yes, no matter how much work I have I’ll always make sure to have some fun stuff planned as well
- I had some more feedback coachings including a 2 hour one-to-one session that was a bit on the tougher side of things but I guess we had a good break through and I was certainly pleased with my client in the end
- I was also scheduling interviews for the next two weeks. I want to interview all applicants before my trip and that leaves me with interviews for every single day for the next two weeks. But I really don’t mind. I love interviewing and getting to know the people I am working with for a whole year. I also promised myself to be more strict and don’t take on any people I don’t like. The ones I don’t like are usually the most taxing ones and I will always have trouble with them in the end. I hope I won’t cave in again!
- I also have two workshops on two evenings this week and I had quite some stuff to get sorted out for those workshops. Luckily I have a great intern right now who’s a real help.
- On Wednesday was my PhD class again and again it was mainly a waste of time. I had a few questions I got answers to but that only took about 5 minutes. The rest of the 2h 25 minutes I spend there were consumed by people who use this as a forum for telling others ALL ABOUT THEIR WORK. And I mean EVERYTHING. Like to which library they went to pick up their books. It’s so so so annoying! But now onto the fun stuff…
- Crossfit was still limited to two times last week. I’d love to go more often but I have either to do too much or I am too lazy. I don’t stress about that, times will change and I will feel more motivated again. And then sometimes I think I maybe shouldn’t go to Crossfit more often. Like when this happens 😉
- I am still at a total loss when it comes to feeding us. Some of my lunches were cottage cheese with oats and cocoa powder, one of my lunches was a can of chickpeas. Let’s not talk about what Stefan ate…
- But luckily my guy is a great cook. One night he made me Beef in a Bacardi Razz Mojito marinade. There also was a Bacardi Razz Mojito to complete the dish. It was really really good!
- When I have time to cook our food it is awesome. I do this to compensate the lack of love it put in our weeknight meals. On Friday we had Burger. This was a quadruple win as we ate the most delicious burger plus I got to shoot pictures for three food posts. Whoot whoot!
- One I also wrote and published directly on Friday. It’s #1 of my burger series that will cover the built of my favorite burger in three easy steps. I started with the Quick and Easy Burger Bun! Installment #2 will cover Burger Toppings including my Lime Guacamole and Basic Homemade Salsa! And #3 is going to finish it off with the glorious core piece, the Spicy Beef Burger Pattie!
- Oh yes and if you’re more on the veggie side of things or in case you missed it, go back to this post and check out the most delicious Pesto Gnocchi Salad that takes less than 20 minutes to make!
- Guys can you believe that I have actually never fried an egg in my life before? I like soft-boiled eggs best so I always go for those. But besides not being hungover at all I really craved a hangover burger on Saturday morning. So fried eggs were needed. I have to say they turned out almost perfect
- On Saturday we got done our usual Saturday shit including going food shopping and cleaning the apartment a bit. And Stefan made us pizza! I had one with spinach and feta and one with tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella. Muhaaaa!
- I tried to muster up the courage to tackle that whole self-hosted thing but I chickend out again. I know that I just have to start but to me it’s like trying to complete an assignment in Spanish. I might recognize some words in between but I can’t understand at all what it’s all about. So far I am firmly set on tackling this soon. I guess…
- Yesterday I got to meet with a few of my girlfriends. It’s rare for me to spend time with just girlfriends and it was fun and also good to catch up. It’s been at least half a year that I saw them. We went to a little organic Café in Munich for brunch but ended up ordering breakfast. The food was good and I had a really good time!
- In the evening we met friends and went to our favorite Steak restaurant. We had so much fun and laughed all the time!
Okay guys now I am off to work now. I am already very much looking forward to my cozy couch I really really wish I was sitting on right now. Something to look forward to!
So game plan for the day: Interviewing, getting workshop shit done, eating pizza leftovers