Can I hear a ‘HELL YES IT’S FRIDAY’ please?
After my last week being all about chilling and getting some much-needed sleep this week was quite taxing and in all honesty the opposite of relaxed. But luckily the week is almost over and that means it’s time for monopolizing my husband this evening and feed us both with one of our favorite comfort foods.
So that means I have a goodie for you today! People it’s finally time to reveal the making of my favorite homemade burger. This is just long overdue and to be honest I am not sure why I never posted my infamous burger recipe. But the time has come to change that now. As the making of this burger is actually a three-step process I am going to make a little series out of it. I decided to work my way from the outside to the core.
So today I am going to share a recipe for a Quick and Easy Burger Bun that is completely yeast free! Next Wednesday I am going to show you my favorite Burger Toppings including my Lime Guacamole and Basic Homemade Salsa! And next Friday we’re going to finish with the glorious core piece, the Spicy Beef Burger Patty!
As always this recipe serves 4 which means dinner and lunch for the next day. Get excited, I certainly am!
Quick and Easy Burger Buns
- 80 g butter - melted ~ 2/3 stick
- + extra butter to grease
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar I used coconut palm sugar
- sesame seed to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200° C (390° F)
- Melt the butter in the microwave or water bath
- Give the butter, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix well using a fork
- Now add half of the water and stir again
- Add the flour and mix again. The consistency should be rather crumbly
- Add the rest of the water and knead well with your hands until you have a smooth non sticky dough. If it's not smooth adjust water or flour accordingly
- Give the dough to the fridge for 10 minutes and let cool
- Now divide the dough in 4 parts, knead again and form little buns of approx. 1 cm height - let sit on a lined baking rack for another 10 minutes
- Now grease with butter and garnish with sesame seed
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until firmed up
- Let cool completely. Shortly before serving cut the bun into halves and toast in a toaster
Don't forget to toast the bun. It will be too crumbly if you skip it
Okay guys I am zoning out for today. Just kidding, I have some stuff to catch up with and I am trying to be quick in order to start my weekend early today.
Let the weekend shenanigans begin….