Happy November guys! It’s the month where I will travel again. Travelling makes me just freakishly happy so expect some annoying declarations of my ever-growing thrill of anticipation over the next two and a half weeks. Then I’ll check out for a week again and actually just do it 😉
Until then I’ll throw a few lists, some sassiness and also a little food at you. No worries I don’t target your face with a cream tart – this time……
But let’s start this week and also this month with the first! Fellow list-lover and cheese-eater Meg graciously provides a great link-up party with the sole purpose of feeling good about ourselves. Now that’s an attitude I embrace. So let’s go over together and admire each other and also ourselves for all the shit we got done last week!
- This week I practically lived in my pajama pants! I worked from home Monday and Friday and it was great! I didn’t get much work stuff done on both days but I have been freakishly effective Tuesday to Thursday so in the end everything balanced out nicely
- I make slow progress with my thesis. Slow because I haven’t worked much time on it but this certain panic has kicked in last week. Sadly I need this feel of panic to kick my ass and get some shit done. I am hopeless
- But as my priorities are clearly completely in the right order I managed to post two recipes last week. An ode to spiced butter and a simple breakfast dish to feed one person for the entire work week
- Unfortunately I had headaches Wednesday to Friday every day until the sun set. We had ‘Föhn’ here last week almost every day which might be the cause. Föhn is a warm wind coming from the alps that makes the panorama look fantastically but sadly is also headache provoking
- This didn’t stop me though from overcoming my temporary writer’s block and compiling a list of 50 truths about me – some fun, some ugly, some anywhere in between…
- I went to Crossfit twice this week and canceled twice because of my headaches. No need to torture myself or bang me a dumbbell on the head because I am not concentrated
- I spend most evenings on my sofa only interrupted by some cooking. Most of the time I was too
lazy to cookrelaxed to bother. This lead to more epic cottage cheese meals and an awfully lot of time spend on YouTube. Seriously it’s addicting. I kinda shuffled YouTube and it’s so amazing what people upload there. I got pretty stuck with one channel mainly because it made me cringe so much!
- I was so wonderfully relaxed that I sent my poor long-hour working husband mean selfies of me on the couch to work
- On Friday afternoon I just couldn’t concentrate on work anymore but it also felt totally wrong to just lie around. So I hit the kitchen and made the poor hubby Meg’s Double Chocolate Coconut Dessert Granola. We both think it’s amazing!
- And as it’s finally the time for gingerbread now I also made No Bake Boy’s No bake Gingerbread Latte Bites. And I must totally stop calling all bites balls. It’s potentially highly embarrassing! To my defence in Germany we don’t have that association. We call balls eggs or nuts. Which opens a whole new world of food related puns 😉
- A few weeks back friends of us moved to our housing complex and it’s literally only a 3 minute walk from their place to ours. We managed to meet up twice. On Monday we visited them for dinner. We ended up playing ‘Schafkopf’ a Bavarian card game which we played as teens until our fingers bled. On Friday they came over to our place and I cooked this Healthy Pesto Gnocchi Salad. I also managed to take pictures so I will definitely treat you to the recipe at some point this week. The best thing about the recipe? It took me only 18 minutes to make a meal for 4 aka dinner and lunch for 2!
- Saturday was actually the most stressful day for me last week. We got up, went to the groceries and then pretty much spent the rest of the day with cleaning our apartment. My friends from Augsburg came to visit us and I really didn’t want them to see our more than embarrassing mess. I did the laundry. I am a very undomestic goddess. As much as I love my place to be neat and tidy I am just too lazy to keep it that way.
- I also cooked Creamy Satay Chicken with Mie Noodles and Vegan Peach Crumble with apples instead of peaches and sans Grand Marnier as my friend is pregnant. It was so nice to have them over and it was a really relaxing evening. Mocktails included
- Sunday was blissful. I managed to get up, clean the kitchen and shower and then I went straight back in my pajama pants and on the couch. I cooked a slow cooker goulash which lead to a lengthy discussion about the difference between my goulash and actual goulash until I gave in and started to call it Irish Stew. I don’t care, it tastes good. I’ve got nothing more to say. But besides that I spend the whole day chilling. I didn’t even bother to use any proper tableware. It happens!
So though the week included a more than fair share of chilling and relaxing I woke up this morning when my alarm rang and was still fucking tired. Why oh why???? I blame the weather! It’s beautifully foggy out there which just makes me want to cuddle up and stay in the cozy of my home all day! But sadly my schedule has other plans for me!
So game plan for the day: Turning my pullover back the right way (I just realized I am wearing it inside out), a group coaching with my most taxing group, arranging some interviews, eating
goulash Irish Stew, making a new to-do list, getting more shit done, leaving around 4pm because I am at the office since 7.30 am!