Can we please for a brief second marvel at the fact that it’s already the last week of October? We have morning fog here pretty much every day and I have ‘Puff the magic dragon’ stuck in my head all day. Specifically the ‘frolicked in the autumn mist’ part.
Though today is a good day as I will work from home. So I can sit on the couch in my pajama pants, sip coffee and work my way through my to-do list. So far I have already ticked off the vital points of the day! And luckily the latter is part of my husband’s duties!
I’ll have another check-up appointment at my doctor later and the afternoon is reserved for work. I hate it when minor things like work interfer with my downtime! But before I get to enjoy the perks of adult life let’s catch up! Fellow list-lover Meg kindly provides a cozy place to link up our awesomeness and celebrate our tiny and big achievements of the week.
- Let’s start with something important: I drank 4 cups of coffee every single day last week. And I was totally awesome on at least 4 of 7 days 😉
- Jokes aside, last week was busy and exhausting. There was no day on that I came home before 9 pm. On most days even later.
- I am really getting on the to-do list thing. Work went swimmingly and I got done everything I wanted. It’s a brand new feeling that makes me walk around the office like a mofo
- Working with my clients was even better than last week even though it kept me in the office till 8 pm on Thursday with only me and the creepy security guard left in the building. This man is absolutely nice but he totally creeps me out! He always stares with wide eyes which makes him look like a surprised owl and he walks almost noiseless so he often appears out of thin air. He once offered me a tic tac – maybe the creepiest thing ever!
- Tuesday was the day when finally my husband came back home from his business trip. He brought me Belgian Chocolate. Have I ever mentioned that you can totally steal my heart with food? Well okay there was not much more to steal for him anyway but it’s good to keep the love fresh and strong, isn’t it? 😉 We met in Munich and went to watch soccer at our favorite pub. The game was meh but the food was good!
- On Wednesday my PhD colloquium started again and it was torture. I hope the quality of presentation improves and it won’t be such a waste of time again.
- On Thursday and Friday I felt well enough again to go to Crossfit. I finally feel a little better again during my workouts and it starts to be more fun than torture. On Friday I left the gym high on endorphins. Though I can’t be sure if it has been Friday or the workout. Maybe a combination of both!
- I was pretty busy last week and that had an impact on the food. I fed myself most days with cottage cheese (which I seem to tolerate again – yay!!!!), bananas and eggs. I liked it! I also tried to increase my veggie consumption which is harder than I thought. But at least one meal was a real winner!
- I spent every free minute I had on researching different designs, fonts and watching online tutorials on how to move the blog. I am excited and totally overwhelmed. I think I have chosen the design I like best already but I need to figure out whether I can find ‘me’ somewhere in all the options first.
- Last weekend I cooked two things and I had to make both again this weekend for Stefan. Okay okay who am I trying to fool here? It wasn’t him who wanted to have it both again but totally me. But he didn’t mind at all after the first bite of Meg’s Apple Pie Pancakes with warm Maple Syrup.
- The weekend was pretty busy. On Saturday we went food shopping and then we hopped on the car and rode down to Augsburg. We spent the afternoon in the city, strolling through the streets, eating caramel ice cream with fleur de sel (way too little salt if you ask me) and also went to this amazing place with the super crispy falafel for lunch. In the evening we went to our cousins birthday party.
- On Sunday morning Stefan and I decided that it was time for some couple activity and so we went for breakfast to a local cafe. The food was good yet a little cold and it took forever until we had everything we had ordered. But there was plenty and it didn’t matter to us. The women at the table next to us had the same problem but didn’t stop complaining about it. In the end how you like things often comes down to your attitude. We had a good time!
- I spent the rest of Sunday in my kitchen experimenting with different flavor combinations. There’s a lot of butter sitting in my freezer right now waiting for us. And I also bulk cooked Sriracha Lime Butter. My favorite!
- I didn’t get to take any pictures. This weekend we went from daylight savings time to standard time and I totally forgot that it gets dark about an hour earlier now. So my improvised schedule for the afternoon didn’t work out and the butter remained unpictured until today.
- I also helped Stefan decluttering his wardrobe. A fellow box member works with underaged refugees. Many of them arrive here in shorts and flip flops and the temperature is already pretty low here. I will bring her everything that’s still good for the boys. Seriously the situation is unbelievable here.
- And before we come to a close for today can we please pause a second and dwell on the beauty of this simple yet divine dish? It’s so easy and so good that I just can’t get over it! This time we ‘greeked it up’ a little by sprinkling some feta cheese and black olives over the roasted bread.
Ooooh I am tired. I guess it’s time for the second cup of coffee! I already live with my head on vacation again. Though I really love my life and though I am happy with everything I have here I’d much rather travel. All the time. Luckily in about 3 weeks I can already start packing my stuff for New York. For the next year I have to plan a few weekend get-aways. Maybe my feet remain a bit less itchy that way!
So game plan for the day: showering, going to see my doctor, making another list, do my thing, meet friends for dinner! I hope they don’t want to play board games again!