Namaste it’s Monday bitches! I might be a bit sassy today. I have bumblebees in my ass. Let’s blame the flu, okay?
And because of the flu I am staying here on my couch working through my emails and stuff from home. It doesn’t particularly help with the bumblebees but that’s the way it is.
But before I dig in my work *cough* *cough* let’s have a cup of coffee together and chat a little. I am mixing things up today still playing catching up with you as I usually do on a Monday. Though it’s going to be kinda special as I am doing this list style! Lovely Meg, one of my favorite bloggers of all times resuscitated her Week in Review posts a few weeks back and kindly offers us to join her fun by linking up and celebrating our tiny and big achievements of the week.
I am all for laying back, patting my back and enjoying the moment when
I am lazy I have achieved something. Might the achievement be tiny even. So let’s skip the unnecessary prep talk and start to list the shit!
Let’s start with the least fun part: WORK!
The good news is that I actually got work done! Let me give you my personal highlights:
- On Tuesday I sat down with my morning coffee and scribbled a very detailed to-do list for the week! Then I spent 2 hours on Pinterest and found a printable that not only matched the color of my planner but also looked a little nice and had a design I liked. Then it took me 20 minutes to print it in color and size I needed. Then I spend 30 minutes with transferring my tasks from my improvised to-do list to the real to-do list. Then I got coffee!
- Over the week I had a few little tete-a-tete with said list and worked my way through 80% of my tasks. I was quite impressed by myself. Maybe I should do this more often.
- On Wednesday I interviewed new clients for my program all morning. When I was finished with the last interview around noon I realized that I never took off my Gryffindor scarf when I came to the office in the morning. Oh yes and you could totally see the big Harry Potter label! So I basically interviewed all morning exposing myself to the muggels. Pssst please don’t tell the Ministry of Magic about it! I don’t want to jeopardize my Hogwarts admission! I confide in you!
- I had two group coachings this week again and so far I am absolutely pleased with my clients. They do amazing and I didn’t have to intercede at all. They all just need a bit fine-tuning but they are all well on track. In those moments I truly love my job!
- On Friday I went to buy me a special hole puncher so that I can file my to-do lists to my planner – crazy stuff is going on here people, crazy stuff!
Onto my thriving SOCIAL LIFE!
- Since we came back from our vacation life has remarkably slowed down a la casa D. Stefan is working crazy hours and besides Crossfit we both don’t do much. Usually I come home, cook and then he comes home later and we eat together and then hang out on the couch eremite style. We both love it!
- On Friday I met with a friend for lunch to catch up. I had provided her with some London travelling tips and she told me everything about her trip. Though I have been to London twice this year already it sparked the weird kind of homesickness you can only have for a place where you stayed for an extended period of time but that is not actually home home.
- As a random remark I am very proud that I took the Augsburg tram to said lunch date all by myself without getting lost! Seriously set me free in London, I hold my nose in the air and find the next Starbucks and then happily walk wherever I need to go without a map or anything. But being on my own in Augsburg makes me cry for my mummy!
- I canceled my sister’s birthday party and dinner at my dad’s on the weekend because of the flu
- I still attended her birthday celebrations at my mum’s on Saturday afternoon
- Stefan is on a business trip in France and Belgium since Saturday morning so I had tons of time to myself. A praise to the What’s App calling function that let us chat in the morning and evening.
- I painted the planks for my new ebony colored photo board and I fucked up. They are blotchy and I’ll have to apply a third layer of color later today. I hope it’s getting not too dark. Or even blotchier!
- On Sunday I cuddled up on my couch with a new book. It was the perfect day as it never properly got bright outside. I started and finished it. It’s written in German which I now read ridiculously fast. I have to step away from my beloved Potter dates for a while because I just can’t stay serious about it at the moment
- I cleaned out one of my two wardrobes. It’s a first and necessary step!
- I cleared my Instagram feed of all those accounts that post those shitty motivational quotes all the time – seriously it ticks me off! I felt enormously better and considered to post this one:
- Just kidding!
- I also decluttered my desktop and organized all my pictures neatly into folders. Oh wow I must have had a really funny weekend!
All the FOOD!
- I made my sister a Spanish Vanilla Mugcake for her birthday week
- At the Friday lunch date I had Thai Curry with purple rice! I’ve never seen purple rice before. The curry was pretty tasteless. My friend found it enjoyably spicy. She’s pregnant I blame her hormones!
- For my sister’s cake and coffee get-together I brought a filled bread. It’s always good to have something savory with all the cake! I made a variation of this recipe but filled the bread with cheese, ham cubes, spring onions and tomato. It was really good. Maybe a bit salty but I like salty. And the feedback was good as well.
- On Sunday morning I made Meg’s Apple Pie Pancakes with warm Maple Syrup. I am totally hooked. With Stefan gone nobody claimed the second serving so I just had another stack for today. Perfect!
- Besides that I am a total loser when it comes to feeding myself when I am alone. I just can’t bring myself to make something nice. I had bread with butter – okay this was very nice beyond its simplicity – but besides that I resorted to bananas and orange juice.
Isn’t it remarkable that the food part always contains the most pictures? Okay I need to say that I like to look at the food pics always the most when I read blogs. Those and sassy selfies but I just don’t excel at taking selfies in general let alone the sassy ones.
So game plan for the day: showering, eating pancakes, making another list, do my thing!
What’s on your list today?
Are you cooking just for yourself?