I might have mentioned a couple of times that we are on a massive heat wave at the moment. Besides the fact that the sweating is unreal and I shower three times a day I love it!
It’s the time for ice cream for dinner and smoothies any time of the day. Scrap that I plead for ice cream all day any day! Warm food seems like a no no at the moment.
But if I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry’s three times a day I would not only go bust in three days I’d also …. okay I see no downside besides the money thing. And until I finally get my way and we buy an ice cream machine I have to rely on smoothies. But why not have the best of both worlds? Something frozen you can drink with a straw? Let’s combine them both and make the smoothie semi-frozen!
The smoothie is packed with protein and makes the perfect post workout snack. You can make this smoothie vegan and paleo friendly or you just make it a decadent treat and top it with a huge pile of roasted marshmallows and chocolate drops. I would do the latter!
Semi-Frozen Strawberry & Cream Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen milk of choice - I used cashew milk
- 1,5 cups crushed ice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 10 medium to large strawberries precooled from the fridge
- roasted mini marshmallow and chocolate drops to garnish
- Give everything but the toppings in a food processor or blender and blend until you have a liquid
- Pour the smoothie in a large freezer bag, seal the bag and put it in th freezer for one to two hours
- When frozen give back to the blender and pulse for approx. 10 sec until smooth
- Spoon in a large glass and add your toppings
Use really ripe strawberries if possible! The riper the better!
If you have frozen milk (and in summer I always keep some milk in the freezer) and strawberries at hand you can use those and skip the whole freezing process
All my bags are packed – okay not really but I am doing it now – and after work today we’re heading off to Narnia. I am really looking forward to a weekend with the family and good food! I intend to eat chimney cake, meat sandwiches and crêpe with kinder chocolate every single day 🙂
Have a great Friday and a lovely weekend guys