Hot food, spicy food, garlic and onions, cheese, meat and repeat! This is my life. And you know what? I love it! And Chimichurri is a vital part of it!
Summertime is BBQ time and I have a simple personality. Okay that’s a lie but when it comes to some things, I am easy. When I like something I do it again and again and again….
…..Sandwiches, Burger, BBQs and lately this wonderful fresh and spicy Chimichurri Bean Salad.
Today I am gonna spoil you all a bit. I have you provided with three recipes in one post here.
First you get the Chimichurri which beside its use in this Bean Salad recipe is also a fantastic condiment for meat and sandwiches.
Secondly you get the Chimichurri Bean Salad which is perfect as a side for a BBQ or even as a full lunch or dinner.
And as a cherry on top you get an inspiration to use up the leftovers. A Chimichurri Bean Sandwich with cheese that you can easily make on the grill.
Chimichurri three ways
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 spring onions
- 2 handful of parsley
- 1,5 T dried oregano
- 1 T sriracha
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zests of 1 lime
- 4 T olive oil
- 3 T red vine vinegar
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Give the garlic, parsley and spring onions in a food processor and process ~ 20 sec until you have a chunky mass
- Add all the other ingredients and process until you have the desired consistency. For the bean salad I prefer smooth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 avocado
- half of the Chimichurri Sauce
- Dice the cucumber, tomato and avocado
- Give the black beans, sweet corn and kidney beans in a large mixing bowl and stir well
- Add the cucumber and tomato and stir again
- Add the chimichurri and stir until well combined
- Now add the avocado and carefully fold in
- Chimichurri Bean Salad
- A few slices of Bread
- Grated cheese (I always use Gouda)
- Mix the grated cheese and the bean salad in a mixing bowl and and put on a slice of bread
- Now bake in the oven or just put it on the grill (low temperature) until the cheese is melted - Heaven!
- For the Bean Salad I like the Chimichurri to be smooth , the original is much chunkier. For a chunkier version, blend the ingredients shorter and without the olive oil and add the oil only after blending
- Store the Chimichurri in a preserving jar - don't use plastic it will smell forever like onion and garlic
- You can store the sauce in the fridge up to one week, maybe even longer but I never tried
- The Salad can be stored in the fridge for two days
- The Chimichurri is vegan and the Chimichurri Bean Salad is an excellent source of iron and protein
- The sauce is also great with meat especially beef or some Oregano Ginger Chicken and as a condiment on sandwiches. Fantastic!
Have a great Sunday friends!