Hello my name is Juli and currently I am heavily addicted to anything lime. Lime has never been a flavor I particularly appreciated nor did I ever think about ordering anything with lime. The only exposure I had to lime was in cocktails or longdrinks and those have also never been my favorites. Until last year when I ordered my first piece of Key Lime Pie in New York. To say I was hooked would be nothing but a huge understatement.
The next day we had Key Lime Pie Ice Cream (after one too many Sangria I might add) and after the first bite I was a goner! Ask Stefan but I might even have danced a little jig of glee right on 7th Street in the warm summer evening breeze.
So ever since Lime has become my personal taste of summer. The freshness is just making me happy and I can feel the little corner of my heart where NYC is safely tucked away gleam maddishly anytime I eat anything lime.
So when this lady sparked a major craving for coconut butter I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. But I also knew I had to add a little lime to get the party started. The third member of this trio infernale had to be mango of course. Because coconut and mango is just a winning combo! So here we go, 3 ingredients, 2 electronic devices, 1 new addiction:
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried mango
- zests of 1 lime
- Spread the shredded coconut on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and let roast in the oven until slightly brown - stir occasionally
- Set aside and let cool completely
- Once cooled down to room temperature give the coconut and mango into a food processor and blend until smooth - from time to time you might have to remove the nut paste from the sides and the lid in order to get it all equally blended and smooth
- Now add the lime zests and blend again for about 1 minute
- Don't store the butter in the fridge! It will firm up and will become unspreadable.
- If you like your butter a little chunkier, just stop blending a little earlier. Chunky suits this combo really nicely.
- The nutbutter is vegan, gluten-free and paleo - and I feel silly to even write this because: obviously!
- Oh yeah and might see some granola utilizing this lovely!
Today we have a blissfully sunny day in south Germany with a chance for an Armageddon later due to severe stuffy air. The apartment is hot and I am one sweaty mess. I don’t complain 🙂 So now I am going to prepare a little project I have for the next WIAW. Sunday afternoon shenanigans 🙂
Okay that’s it for now! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!