My lust for BBQs and spicy food seems to be endless. This Spicy Lime Chicken Marinade is the answer to my neverending food desires!
This week I was craving Fajitas like crazy. Strip steak Fajitas to be precise. I’ve spent too much time on Pinterest and pinned one too many images of perfect strip steak slices. My head almost exploded and my craving became excruciating.
But the thing is, strip steak is somehow pretty darn expensive in Germany and so steak is sadly more of a treat than a staple. Luckily Fajitas de Pollo is a thing I truly enjoy and so we settled on the much cheaper chicken breast alternative. This turned out to be exactly right!
I was looking for a marinade that a) goes along well with poultry and b) whose flavors should blend in nicely with the leftover Chimichurri. Creating marinades is a thing that comes easy to me most of the time. And if not I have my King of Marinades to ask for advice 🙂 This was certainly an easy one. The Spicy Lime Chicken Marinade is creamy and flavorful and I literally couldn’t stop licking my fingers whilst shooting those picture 😉
Spicy Lime Chicken Marinade
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spring onion sans the green
- juice on 1 lime
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 medium to large tomato
- 4 T olive oil
- salt and pepper and chili flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven and grill the Tomato until the skin forms bubbles, goes black and you can peel it off easily - set aside and let cool slightly
- In the meantime give the garlic, lime juice and 1 T olive oil in a mortar or narrow mixing bowl and pestle or mix until you have a pale white and smooth mixture
- Add the spring onion and 1 T olive oil and repeat
- Now add the red wine vinegar, sriracha and the remaining olive oil and blend again
- Add the tomato and blend again until everything is well combined and you have a smooth and creamy marinade.
- Add salt and pepper and maybe a little extra sriracha according to your taste buds
This is enough for 2 large chicken breasts!
Okay I am feeling a little fancy today and so I won’t deny you the Fajita fun 😉
Spicy Lime Fajitas
- For the spicy Fajitas just give the Marinade and 1-2 chicken breasts in a large freezer bag and let marinade for 1-2 hours and up to 1 day
- Grill the meat for a few minutes until crispy from the outside but still juicy from the inside
- Cut in strips and serve with tortillas, roasted onion and bell pepper and I strongly recommend to pair with Chimichurri. So good!
- Make sure to sprinkle a little extra lime juice over your Fajita for the extra kick.
- Sadly I didn’t have any Avocado on hand but this would have certainly made a nice addition topping
So I am linking up with Laura today to share and spread the love for being brave in the kitchen!
So today we’re invited to a house-warming party to some of our friends. But before that Stefan and I a going to meet up for more Pizza ♥ And I might sneak in some time to go to that wonderful department store in Munich where they sell those affordable cute kitchen props.
Okay that’s it for now! Hope you all have a lovely weekend with great eats and maybe even a little bit of BBQ action. If you need more BBQ inspiration this might be right down your ally:
Have a wonderful weekend