It’ officially and unofficially summer. We had a really really warm and sunny week and BBQs have replaced a fair share of cooking in the kitchen. I might be a little responsible for this but as BBQ is always a winner in my books I just enjoy as many as possible 🙂
A good BBQ stands and falls with 3 things: good quality meat, a spicy marinade for the right kick and a nice sauce to top it off! With the marinade I can help you out. For the nice sauce to top it off, here you go
What I intended to be another marinade finally turned out to be a really nice sauce. Stefan said the Mango would burn anyways so I followed his advice and turned it into a sauce. Tasty decision 😉
- 3 T Mango Puree
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T Sriracha (I like it hot, so if you don't start out only 1 tbsp)
- 1 T Gari (pickled ginger)
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1-2 T coconut milk
- Easy peasy as you go - give all the ingredients into a food processor and blend
- If you feel like a little crunch just add a few chopped peanuts to the sauce
- I stored the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for three days, then it was gone. It might be good for another few days but I actually don't know.
- This sauce is a beautiful sandwich sauce as well and goes along great with chicken marinated with Sweet and Spicy Ginger Marinade
So I am linking up with Laura today to share and spread the love for being brave in the kitchen!
Okay that’s it for now! Hope you all have a lovely weekend with great eats and maybe even a little bit of BBQ action. I am going to the next one today 🙂