After the snow hit us again last week we finally have a few days of spring here. It’s warm and sunny outside and I crave everything green. Speak of asparagus, spinach and also wild garlic.In fact wild garlic is absolutely underrated in my eyes and I am fairly positive that at least 85% of my friends have never even heard of it let alone eaten it. Which is a shame in my eyes because it tastes great! But maybe I am a little biased as I really really love garlic in general!
I got super excited last week when I finally found some wild garlic in the grocery store and I couldn’t wait to use it my favorite way: as pesto paired with parmesan!
It’s basically the only way I really enjoy the wild garlic as it’s pretty dominant in taste and – not surprising – very garlic-ish. But I can go super crazy with adding this pesto to anything! My favorite is a spinach quesadilla but of course any dressing, pasta sauce, dip, sandwich… benefits of a nice little garlic-ish twist! And as a plus, it’s super easy to make and takes you only five minutes!
- 100 g wild garlic - round about two full hands
- 1/2 cup roasted pine seed
- 3/4 cup parmesan
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Give the wild garlic and pine seed in a food processor and pulse
- Add the other ingredients and pulse again until you reach the desired consistency
- Store it in an airtight glass up to a few weeks
- If you don't possess a food processor you can also use a hand-held blender or even a mortar and pestle. If you use a mortar make sure to pestle the ingredients bit by bit.
- You can prevent pesto from going off by covering it with more olive oil. The oil seals the pesto and keeps it fresh
- Don't make this pesto or don't try this pesto right before you have to see clients. After all it's made of garlic ;-)
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Now I am going to dive in my data again. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel! Fingers crossed I will be able to rock this presentation next week! Who are we kidding – I will be rocking this anyways 😉 Even if I have to work night shifts. Okay who are we kidding now? I have already started to work night shifts 😛
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!