Friends, can you feel it, too? Yesterday was the day when I felt spring about to arrive for the first time this year. I know we’ve had fresh snow yesterday and all this but my inner weatherman tells me that signs are pointing to spring. Usually this is marked by two things:
1. I have a nagging urge to swap my flowery or creamy bodywash for a lemony-gingery one
2. I crave smoothies like crazy, especially the green ones
Lately I am not the biggest fan of sweet breakfasts – please don’t hate me for this 😉 This smoothie is a fantastic way to start the day with a holy lot of healthy and fresh ingredients without being too sweet. The mint and ginger balance the taste out nicely and also provide additional freshness.
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small apple
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 piece of ginger (I like it gingery so I use a slightly bigger piece)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup of ice
- Peel the carrot and ginger
- Give everything in your food processor or mixer and blend on a high-speed until everything is smooth and thick
- This smoothie has the power to sort out an upset tummy, any cravings for fresh food and also helps me to kick-start my morning when I am tired. Due to the mint and ginger it also gives you a fresh breath.
- You can sub 1 large/ 2 small oranges if you don't want to use orange juice
- Redundant piece of information but this recipe is vegan, paleo and has no added sugars in it
Sometimes when I link-up with Laura for her strange but good recipe party, I wonder whether my recipe is strange enough to honestly deserve the label. I was reluctant to share this recipe on a Friday for a few weeks but after all what is really strange in the HLB Community? When I tell people around me that I drink veggies for breakfast they look at me like I’d live on another planet. And I don’t even mention the ginger 😛
So I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Today I am working with a group of 25 teenage girls again. I guess I need a drink tonight ;-P Again, kudos to all ya teachers out there. You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job!
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!