I am still having a hard time to understand why I neglected this veggie entirely over the last 1-2 years or so. Because I love potatoes! And yes, potatoes are veggies! But ever since they made their way back to our plates I can’t imagine my diet without them again.
Today I have a super easy and absolutely delicious potato recipe for you. Crispy from the outside, tender from the inside with a lovely spicy crust. I crave them all day long. For breakfast, lunch and dinner and even in between. And they are delicious when cold!
Crispy and Spicy Baked Potatoes
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp hot sauce - I love Nando's Garlic and Herb but Sriracha works fine as well
- a medium to large plastic bag
- Melt the coconut butter in a small bowl
- Add all the spices and hot sauce and stir until everything is incorporated
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut in halves
- Give the spice mixture and potatoes into the bag, seal it and shake until the potato halves are all well covered with the oil mixture
- Give the potatoes cut side down on a baking tin lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 35-40 min depending on the size of the potatoes
Make sure to drizzle the rest of the spice-oil mix out of the bag onto the potatoes
For all of you who don't eat white potatoes, it works well with sweetpotatoes as well. Just remove the skin and cut into chunks before covering with the oil. BUT it's not as nice as with white potatoes. A bit strange for the HLB world but not for me. And definitely good!
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!
I still can’t do the white potatoes… but this would be awesome with sweets too, I think! Love the flavors you used!
It’s ALL about the flavors. And sweets work just fine, too.
I could eat potatoes all day, every day. They make me happy.
It’s so ridiculous how we often seek happiness in the big things when something as simple as a white potato brings utter bliss. Same applies to melted cheese, bacon and wine ;-P
Yum, yum, yum! I don’t know how anyone could not love crispy potatoes!
Me neither! Yum yum yum 😉
I love all the potatoes! My new favorite thing is dipping salt and vinegar chips in sweet potatoes. Potatoes on potatoes is certainly the my delicious thing since ever!
YOU put the potato love on a whole new level 😀
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Love love love making this recipe with butternut squash! 🙂
I haven’t thought about using butternut squash but I am sold on trying….. good idea 🙂