Lately I have thought a lot about different tastes. How do you make sure your recipes don’t only fit your taste but also other people? I like bars and protein powder, I like cacao butter and puffed rice, but do you? I fully approve of these Vegan Protein Rice Crispy Squares but will others? Luckily I as well as most of you have some test eaters I bomb my goodies with. And I let it up to them if a recipe is approved of <3
My most common test eater is the lovely hubby. And then I have two wonderful colleagues who also follow a healthy lifestyle and are keen on trying new recipes. But there are others as well and today I’ll introduce you to my Nemesis when it comes to healthy food: my sister! After trying a few bars on the hubby I need my sister to further approve of healthy recipes. In my case she is the perfect test eater as she and a healthy lifestyle are definitely two opposite concepts. Only today she told me that her fridge holds nothing but coke, red bull, butter and an avocado. This pretty much convinced me entirely that I must be adopted!
But anyways she highly approved of today’s recipe and so I’ll treat you with a new vegan bar designed to fit an athletes needs.
- 4 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 125g puffed brown rice
- 120g agave syrup
- 120g cashew butter
- 250g cocoa butter
- Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath
- In the meantime give all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
- Now add the agave syrup, cashew butter and cocoa butter and blend gently with a large spoon
- Use your hand now and knead the dough until everything is combined and well spread
- Line a big baking tray with some baking parchment and pour the dough into the form
- With your hands spread the dough and press slightly to the ground until you have a firm mass
- Chill for 30 min in the freezer or at least 60 min in the fridge
- Remove it from the baking tray and cut into the desired size. I get about 16 squares out of this recipe
- Store in the fridge and use up within one week
The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, low in sugar and a perfect pre- or post-workout treat as it’s packed with protein. Simple sweet and healthy treat, whipped up in 10 min. No bake, no fuss. Strange? Certainly! Good? Definitely!
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!