Today I feel a little festive. With only three days to go until Christmas it’s indeed high time to feel the Christmas spirit. Maybe it’s because I finally decorated the Christmas tree or maybe because I started singing Christmas carols – no worries my friends, I am singing ONLY when I am alone 😉 – or maybe and to be honest most probably it’s because I was drinking copious quantities of homemade Bailey’s this weekend.
That’s one of my favorite moments of the season. Pouring me a glass of the hazel velvet liquid, listening to Bing Crosby, ruining my favorite carols by singing along and decorating the apartment. This is true and utter bliss to me. A part of this blissful feeling is graciously provided by the hubby as he’s usually in charge of supplying the Christmas booze aka he’s the one to make Eggnog and Bailey’s every year. And a s a little pre-Christmas gift I am going to share our Bailey’s recipe with you. I am definitely on the nice list aren’t I?
- 10 Werther's Original Hard Candy
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g chocolate you can use any kind of chocolate but I swear the best is either nougat chocolate or coffee chocolate
- 300 g cream we use soy cream, it works very well
- 200 g Whiskey
- 50 g Amaretto
- Chop the candy with a sharp knife until you have the smallest pieces possible then repeat with the chocolate
- Now give the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is well combined
- Now give the liquid in a pot and heat for around 8 minutes on a medium intensity. The liquid should stay under 75°C.
- Rinse a glass bottle and lid with boiling water and fill in the hot liquid. Screw the lid whilst still hot in order to vacuum the bottle.
- As soon as the bottle is cold you can store it in the fridge for a few month.
Oh so good! The best thing about the recipe is that you can totally vary it. want Caramel Bailey’s? Use caramel chocolate. Want Nougat or Coffee flavoured Bailey’s? Use nougat or coffee chocolate. And for Christmas especially I am a big supporter of After Eight Bailey’s. Featuring After Eight mints of course 😉 I just love Christmas!
Have a great Sunday and enjoy your time!