Oh gosh lovelies, this year was crazy. Crazy in a very good way! My christmas vacation is commencing today and I can’t deny how happy I am to have a few calm days for myself (haha as if – who am I kidding here!) Okay another try… I am happy to have some days off work to catch up with all the stuff that waits to be done. Cough cough – putting up the christmas tree – cough cough….
But nothings gonna stop me from sharing my final Christmas Bites recipe today first. This is not really a strictly christmas recipe but totally edible year-round 🙂
Do you know Hanuta? The chocolate and hazelnut mess between the two waffles?As a kid I always broke the “sandwich”, licked out the chocolate and then tossed the waffles. I never understood why they made them in the first place. Totally useless. But today – after a good 20 years – I have the solution! Hazelnut Chocolate Bites <3
Last week I shared the Nougat Mocha Bites and the week before I started this little series with the one and only Fruity Gingerbread flavor – also known as “Printe” in Germany. And today we tackle the hanuta flavored bites
Hazelnut Chocolate Bites
- 1/2 cup soft pitted dates
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts put them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then let cool for 30 min
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup optional
- Put the dates and salt into your food processor and mix on a high intensity until smooth. They should come out as a chewy thick paste.
- Add the cocoa powder and agave syrup and pulse again until well combined
- Now add the hazelnuts and pulse again until the nuts are well chopped but before completely ground
- Now pour the dough into a large bowl and knead with your hands until a big ball forms
- Take small portions out of the big ball and form little ones
- Let set in the fridge for about 1h
Store airtight in the fridge or outside. They will be much harder when cold. The crucial ingredient is the roasted hazelnut here. The flavor totally depends on that. Oh and did I mention that these are vegan,, grain-free and paleo friendly? I know! Crazy!
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a nice weekend lovelies – I hope you have a nice few pre-christmas days!