It’s Friday party people – let the craze begin. This year is just crazy in terms of Christmas Parties. This weekend alone we’re invited to 6! ones. Some of course happen to be the same time so I have to decide where to go. Unfortunately I accepted both invitations 😮 Maybe I can make up for my state of being unorganized by sending some Christmas Bites???
Last week I started this little series with the one and only Fruity Gingerbread flavor – also known as “Printe” in Germany and Chocolate Hazelnut which taste a bit like Hanuta is going to come next week.
Nougat Mocha Christmas Bites
- 1/2 cup soft pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1-2 tbsp coffee granulate
- 100 g Nougat chocolate I used a 50% Nougat
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional - depending on the sweetness of the chocolate
- Put the dates and salt into your food processor and mix on a high intensity until smooth. They should come out as a chewy thick paste.
- Now add the almonds and pulse again until the nuts are almost completely ground
- Add the coffee granulate, chocolate and maple syrup and pulse again until well combined
- Now pour the dough into a large bowl and knead with your hands until a big ball forms
- Take small portions out of the big ball and form little ones
- Let set in the fridge for about 1h
Store airtight in the fridge or outside. They will be much harder when cold. Perfect for a quick sweet craving in between, for breakfast, as a gift (when you have to bribe someone 😉 ) or in my case in a healthy Advent calendar.
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a nice weekend lovelies!