I wanted to treat my husband to something delicious yet not totally rubbish nutrition-wise. I wanted something chewy and chocolaty. Just something that he would like.
He likes chocolate, he likes sweet and treats, he likes granola bars. Oh yeah, granola bars. The chewy ones, the no bake ones… oh yeah he will like me! No scrub that – he will love me!
I personally really like the chocolate in between two layers of granola dough. It’s very delicious and you can keep your hands clean eating them. But judge yourself. I am already hooked <3
No Bake Hazelnut & Chocolate Granola Bars
- 2 tbsp natural hazelnut butter
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- chocolate as desired I used Lindt chocolate - to get a decent chocolate layer I recommend at least 100g
- Give the hazelnut butter, salt and dates in a food processor and blend with high intensity until you have a smooth paste
- In the meantime line a 20 x 30 cm baking tray with plastic wrap
- Add the dry ingredients and blend again on a low intensity until well combined
- Remove the paste from the blender and press lightly into the baking tray - freeze for 10 min or refrigerate for 20 min
- Melt the chocolate
- Cut the dough into two halves, cover one half with chocolate and place the other half on top
- Refrigerate again for 1h
- Cut into desired shape
Store them airtight in your refrigerator up to one week but I can’t seriously imagine they will last so long. We made it through the first batch in 2 days. Perfect for breakfast, as a snack or as dessert. They always hit the spot! Stefan even mused if it was possible to live of those bars only 😀
And I use this lovely. It’s so easy you just have to place the bottle in a pot with hot water for a few minutes, then you can squeeze out the chocolate you need and let cool the remaining chocolate for further use. So easy and totally mess-less 😉
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a nice weekend lovelies!