remember when I talked about the Monday/Saturday paradox last week? It’s again VERY tangible here. Already Monday? Are you kidding me? Luckily we have a short week here in Germany with the Day of German Unity our national holiday on Friday. Hello long weekend
Oh and no this had nothing to do with David Hasselhoff! And neither do Germans particularly like that guy. That’s a deep-rooted prejudice mostly fed by himself!
But let’s move on to important things. I have a ton of recipes I want to try on my list. Some from fellow bloggers and blends, some of my own creations I need to remake (and write down), shoot and then post. Doesn’t sound like a fun weekend activity? Well to me it does! Cleaning the kitchen afterwards doesn’t appeal to me at all on the contrary!
Do you want a little sneak peek? Alright. I am quite nosy myself 😛 Those two recipes are to come soon:
Paleo Sweetpotato Gnocchi
Sweetpotato and Spinach Quesadillas
And I really need to make those now:
Copycat Lindt Truffles whipped up by the Big Man himself
And then I have this on my list for a very very long time:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola from the granola Queen Meghan
Okay but that’s enough now. Because when it comes to food the greatest pleasure lies not in the anticipation!
Let me tell you a little bit about last week and a little bit about my current me – which changes every few minutes or so so let’s better be fast now.
- Last week was a pleasant one. Besides being a bit unmotivated work wise I managed to cross out almost every task on my to-do list including giving a workshop, finalizing my set of questions, organizing two more workshops, writing necessary and long-delayed emails and re-staging the same negotiation with our finance department for the bazillionth time.
- I grew to almost enjoy those little quarrels lately. Because I know in the end I would win. Maybe I am a magician in the end? Because whenever I say the magic words…
If you don’t send me that signed statement the university will have to cover all the costs
…I have the bespoken statement on my desk within the next three days. It’s pure magic, isn’t it?
- I had three good, sweaty and severe muscle arch causing workouts last week. And on Friday morning when I was alone in the office I discovered that I can make a head stand. I didn’t try that for forever and felt a little nuts so I thought a head stand might something I could enjoy. Next stop, handstand 😉
- On Friday evening Stefan and I had a date for the fist time after our honeymoon. We went to an Italian Bar in Munich called Oh Julia. Yes, I love the bar for that name. We shared a starter pizza and some white wine and then we went to another restaurant that’s famous for the Burgers.
- I had a bunless vegetarian one with a side salad which was great! I didn’t take a photo as it was practically pitch-black in there. Then we went home to spend about 2h with our WII and Just Dance and Sing Star. We’re both embarrassingly bad at both games but we had a good laugh. Even the one time when we accidentally recorded and played the last song we sang out loud 😀
- Another piece of evidence for me being a bit – lets call it different happened just minutes ago. When I drove to work this morning I had my perfect fall moment #1 this year. The whole drive was guided by thick fog and I loved it. Now the sun comes out slowly and everyone but me is relieved, yes almost thrilled. I feel a bit depressed. I want my gloomy fall fog back
- When I send me a picture from my mobile to my email address why am I always disappointed that it was just me when I get a new mail only one minute later?
- Currently I deliberately weigh the pros and cons of getting a tattoo. If I win (whatever that means) I just have to find a subject and place. So you see I am practically already on my way to the tattooist.
- I like tattoos like this. It’s so simple yet so true. And I absolutely adore all things Alice!
- We tried to watch a talk show yesterday where high ranked guests from various professions including two doctors discussed their opinions of “healthy food”. I deliberately say tried as we basically paused every 2 minutes to discuss more or less every single statement What a good luck that we weren’t among those guests. We would certainly have gone beyond the scope of the discussion.
- In only three month we’ll be in London! I swear one day I go there for good. Or at least for a bit longer than a few days. I very much enjoyed living there. If only anyone paid me well enough over there 😉
- And currently I am very hungry. I am going to have lunch now! Goulash is my lunch of choice today and that’s even more proof for my fall mood. I crave warm stews rather than salads. Even though I had a pretty epic one last week.
Do you have a tattoo? If yes, what and where?
Do you also always feel like chiming in when there’s a discussion about healthy food anywhere?
Have a nice start to the week!