why do Monday mornings ALWAYS come so fast whereas Saturday mornings ALWAYS come so slowly? I always doubted the theories that supposed time to be linear as proclaimed by Isaac Newton. Guys, seriously, though I have zero knowledge about natural sciences I know that time can’t “flow equably without regard to anything external“. Maybe that’s a loose interpretation of Newton’s definition but think about the Monday/Saturday paradox as I may call it here… Think about it 😉
But okay let’s leave the philosophical or maybe even scientific thoughts behind and let’s move to chaos. Okay maybe we haven’t let science completely behind us. What is chaos? In common, chaos is a condition of disorder. In science it is more precisely defined as a theory of nonlinear dynamic systems. Konrad Lorenz explains further that the chaos theory involves following principle: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future. Yes, I had to consult Wikipedia!
For me today this means that at the moment my brain is in a state of disorder and if I don’t do anything about it my present brain state of chaos will lead to a chaotic day, week….. BUT if I manage to tame the chaos and get some structure in my brain NOW my structured chaos might lead to an effective workday and a successful week. Alright? Can you follow me? So what do I have to do now? Yes guys, you know the answer…
I like my lists, lists help to both solve and prevent chaos. I need some lists in my life. I am listing up my last week for you. Now I stop saying/writing the word list.
Maybe this was a bit hard for a Monday morning? Sorry, let’s tame the chaos!
- Last week was a strange week food wise
- First I had McDonald for the first time in I guess maybe 3 years
- Then I craved fatty food for the rest of the week 😛
- As a counteraction I was testing two (raw)vegan recipes on Sunday
- A glorious Blueberry Lime Cheesecake Pie
- And absolutely fudgey Snickers Bars
- I worked out zero times last week – my lower back bugged me till Wednesday and then I was travelling for work
- A first timer but I feel okay about it
- Last week most of my spare time was consumed by recipe testing
- We attended a 30th Birthday Party that was supposed to be at a beach club on Friday but unfortunately it rained hard all evening long
- My weekend was really relaxing and I didn’t do much besides catching up with my TV series, cooking and eating – pretty perfect
- I didn’t feel much like blogging but that was okay, too
- Sometimes you just have to be lazy and enjoy it <3
- My slow workload rebounded quickly fully force and leaves me still with quiet a few things to catch up with
- On top of all things to do is accounting and other finance stuff – my most hated task to do!
- We got the unbelievable news that the University plans to give us a full-time contract for 3 years – it’s too good to be true. I really don’t belive it. For you who are not familiar with the German University system – it’s like winning the lottery three times in a row!
- I couldn’t do anything for my thesis in particular but attending the conference showed my that my research project is pretty good. And that nobody is working on something similar at the moment. So I feel quite confident about my work now
Now I need to get some e-mails done, some bills paid and some filing worked off. And then some more scientific articles are waiting to be read for days now. Due time: tomorrow! Help!!!!!! Luckily time isn’t flowing equably on Monday mornings 😉
Have a lovely start to the week!