Monday morning again. It’s grey and rainy outside and fall shows us the gloomy shoulder. I love it My office is still quiet and will remain quiet for two weeks as both my assistants are on vacation. I enjoy it. I love me my peace and quiet!
This afternoon I have another long coaching session with three of my Mentees and I am looking forward to it. Time always rushes when you work with those women. It’s my favorite part about this job!
It’s week three back after my vacation and I still have trouble falling back in my pattern. On the one hand maybe it’s a good thing but on the other hand I like having a clear schedule. Maybe it’s easier to get back to my “work me” when I walk on home soil and whip up a week in review list-style.
- I took advantage of the last weeks when you can get berries around here and faceplanted every berry I could get my hands on
- Besides that a funny new rite formed over the last two weeks: I eat ridiculously healthy over the day speaking of fruit and vegetables, eggs, nuts, lean meat and the occasional cheese and grain and then as soon as the sun sets I stuff my face with chocolate, gingerbread – yes it’s this time of the year again – and whatever sweet I can find. Luckily we’ve run dry yesterday evening and I won’t go buying any new sugary drugs anytime soon.
- I have developed an unhealthy relationship to pumpkins and any kind of squash again. No matter what I plan to eat I wonder if it’s possible to include pumpkin.
- I worked out 4 times last week
- On Monday I strained my left groin during soccer practice – BUMMER!
- I rested on Thursday and went to a Crossfit workout with focus on lifting on Wednesday. I loved it. Olympic Lifting is so much fun!
- On Thursday I went to a Crossfit Workout with a focus of Mobility and stretching which really helped with my groin
- Friday was also a rest day
- On Saturday I took part in the Craft’s Women’s Run in Munich. I was so totally unprepared it was almost embarrassing. The run was horrible and I couldn’t fall in a comfortable pace all race. It was a 8k and I ended up with a time of 43 min 55 sec which was fine for my physical condition. My last real training run was in April!
- On Friday we met Stefan’s cousin Andi and her boyfriend for dinner. And then we had some wine at a nearby Italian Bar. It was really nice catching up with the two
- My sister now works part-time at a little boutique in Munich and got me a fantastic 35% relative discount on a really nice pair of tight-fitting jeans and a cardigan. Who can say now to that????
- On Sunday we celebrated the Birthdays of my Brother and Sister-in-law and my niece and nephew who all had their Birthdays in August. It was nice to see all family.
- My parents-in-law surprised us all with a 10 day vacation in Italy next August. I am really torn about it. Of course it’s a wonderful gift and I really appreciate it. And hello can you really say no to 10 days in Italy for free??? On the other hand we won’t be able to make it to the US which is considered all circumstances most probably not possible the year after. This is clearly a severe form of first world problems. I stop it immediately!
- Work is VERY slow at the moment. Maybe that’s why I have a hard time getting back any form of motivation
- I guess it’s the first time though that I can say that my thesis is going well. I had a very good home office day last week when I mastered to read 6 articles that all really helped me
- I am finalizing my set of questions for my last round of interviews and I am going to discuss them with my professor next week
- I am actually very keen on working on my thesis right now.
- I even bought a planner to mark my next milestones – I am clearly guilty of being addicted to stationary, I can’t deny it!
A new book is waiting for me now with hopefully more interesting information to finalize the questions. And then I am going to eat a stuffed pumpkin
Have a lovely start to the week!