happy Thursday! It’s early, I am tired, I have a ton of stuff to do but I will definitely start my day with eating a good breakfast, sipping a cup of coffee and thinking out loud! Thanks Amanda for being our lovely host today 🙂 If you want to learn more about the idea behind the link-up just click here
1. Narnia Recap
I know that I promised to recap my Narnia trip today but unfortunately I have to put you off until the weekend. Editing the videos and photos is much more time-consuming than I anticipated. But if you look really close you might be abble to find me riding the flying swing 😀
2. Breakfast Bake
I can’t believe this really happened but I ran out of bananas and forgot to buy new ones yesterday. So this morning I was forced to come up with another recipe for breakfast. Luckily there was some sweetpotato left from yesterday’s dinner. So I just swapped the banana for sweetpotato and voila the idea of Sweetpotato Egg Bake was born. Yummy 🙂 The consistency and base tasted a bit like Gingerbread! I will definitely making this again in fall and add some gingerbread spices.
3. Recipe Preview
Ever since Tina suggested to create a recipe centered around peaches I was hooked by the idea. But I didn’t want to make a dessert or some kind of chutney which was kind of too obvious. So after some testing I can proudly present a recipe for Peach Crusted Turkey Breast
Recipe too come tomorrow 🙂
4. Travel Pet Peeves
Planning for a longer trip highlights all my travelling pet peeves again. Here without a specific order:
- Having to plan and pack so much stuff – e.g. print tons of vouchers as you don’t have a printer later
- ESTA – e.g. getting the jitters that you won’t get the permission to enter the country
- Flight delays
- Smacking, spitting or snoring seatmates on a 8h flight
- Having to check the weight of your luggage – e.g. should I pack a luggage scale (which adds again weight to my luggage)
- The evergreen question: how much food should I pack
- The fear of getting another thrombosis though taking all precautions including tights and heparin injections
- Irrational fears – e.g. last-minute flight cancellations, last minute accommodation cancellations… there are tons
But hey, let’s be honest. We all love those tiny little jitters. That’s what makes travelling so interesting and exciting! And it’s so worth it 🙂
5. Catchy Songs
Those two songs are currently on my mind all the time.
And though I don’t particularly like German music in general here is a fantastic German song I really like. The lyrics are almost exclusively taken from popular songs and band names. A great piece of art if you consider song texts as art 😉
Of course they are both on my road trip playlist now 🙂
What are your travel pet peeves?
Which songs are stuck in your head currently?
I am meeting my close and long (elementary school) friend Dani now for a cup of coffee and later I am going to the hair dresser’s. Hope you have a lovely day my dear friends!