it’s Friday and officially my last day at work for more than 7 beautiful weeks! I am torn. Excitement, freedom and joy on the one hand and on the other hand I am a little afraid that something goes wrong in my absence. But anyways I am not there so I won’t even notice
If you are a regular visitor/ blend/ stalker you’ve certainly already realized that I have a huge addiction to Sweetpotato stuffed with Chili con Carne and melted cheese. As Chili is a big fat NO on my plate during the Whole30 (which will be over next Wednesday) I made a huge batch of Quick Bolognese the other day. You have to fill the chili gap somehow, haven’t you?
Then on Tuesday I had some Bolognese as well as some hash brown leftovers. I reckon minced meat and sweetpotato are very close friends in my mind so who is actually surprised that the idea of this lovely Grain free Hash Brown Lasagne was born. For me (at the moment) without cheese for Stefan the real deal! Stefan said it’s one of the best Lasagnes he ever had. I know he might be a little biased but never look a gift horse in the mouth…
- 1 sweetpotato
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 200 g lean ground beef
- 1 can unprocessed tomato in pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hot red bell pepper powder
- salt and pepper
- Grate the Sweet Potato or grind it in your food processor until you reach the desired consistency
- Mix in the two eggs and all the spices
- Combine everything well
- Now you can either fry the hash browns in a frying pan or use your oven
- Make sure to use enough coconut oil when you use a pan
- If you decide to use the oven line a baking tray with some paper
- Either way place egg sized portions of the mixture on the tray or in the pan and flatten them
- Bake or fry until firm and slightly brown
- Chop the onions and sauté lightly with the oil in a frying pan until they turn translucent
- Add the beef and stir until lightly brown
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and spices and boil lightly for 5 minutes
- Now we need some cheese as it's time to pile up the Lasagne
- Use this order: Hash Brown, Cheese, Bolognese, Cheese, Hash Brown, Cheese, Bolognese, Cheese, Hash Brown, Cheese
- Now either place it in the oven until the cheese is melted or melt it in your microwave for about 1 minute
- Et voila!
Okay guys I have to work now. I need to get some shit done 😛 And before Arman denounces me to commit a food crime I am linking up with Laura for sharing a Strange but Good food taste 😀 Make sure to head over and check out all the other blogger’s #strangebutgood recipes. Those are amazing!
Have a nice Friday lovelies! I hope your workday isn’t too long today!