Good morning everyone,
I hope you all head a great weekend. Mine was really short. After working on Saturday I crashed on the couch before 10 pm and when I woke up on Sunday I was still tired. The apartment needed a decent cleanse so I was busy the whole morning. Then I met my Mum as she and my sister will go on vacation to Edinburgh for almost 2 weeks. I asked them to bring me some Reese’s PB Cups. So good!
In the evening we went dancing with our friend Nicola and her sort of new boyfriend. That was really nice. We hadn’t been dancing for almost a year now and we were pretty crap (exactly like last year) but we had a great time and laughed a lot 😀
So today I am stuck again in my office but I already decided to leave around noon. I have only 5 days left of work and as it’s exam period I don’t have to do a lot. Everyone is busy so nobody needs anything. And I won’t busy myself to much this last week. So I decided to go shopping instead this afternoon
So this morning I have some small bits and pieces to manage and I will start by telling you about my third week of my Whole30 experience.
If you’re interested in more about my Whole30 check out my previous posts:
How I felt regarding the food
- Until yesterday evening I was absolutely okay with the Whole30 food and didn’t feel deprived at all.
- Last Wednesday I thought I’d eat too much fruit o I swapped my fruits for some salad and raw veggies and was promptly rewarded with being totally bloated and an odd feeling on Thursday. So I went back to my fruits and nuts and was fine again.
- We had a lot of BBQs last week and that surely makes my days.
- I don’t crave any special foods but being so cautious all the time slowly gets on my nerves!
- Yesterday evening before going dancing we thought it would be nice to go out. I chose a restaurant. I knew they served some nice salads I could have. Then when we arrived I was cruelly reminded of the free bread baskets they serve. Imagine the softest, best smelling and best tasting turkish flatbread served warm and for free and you have to miss out. I was a bit grumpy. Then everyone around me drank Aperol Spritz and my grumpiness grew a bit. Then I ordered my salad. Do you see those little filled puff pastries? There’s spinach and feta cheese in there. Of course they wandered on Stefan’s plate and I was let’s say not only merely grumpy 😉 No I was alright but I decided to come back and have a bread basket on my own right after my Whole30. That raised my spirits immensely!
How I felt besides the food
- I seem to spark pregnancy rumors what makes me a tad uneasy. I don’t want people to believe that I am trying to get pregnant. Under pressure…
- I still don’t feel more energized. I am worn out but I blame my job and desperate need for a vacation.
- I still sleep dead-like.
- My workouts haven’t been super good but not too bad either.
- I felt a little bloated and had one fat day after my salad and veggie experiment. Now I know better!
- My skin is still worse. I don’t expect any improvement.
The Hunger and I
- My hunger slowly fades. I hope that is not because I eat to little. I am not counting calories or macros I am just eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. This way I SHOULD get exactly what I need, shouldn’t I?
- But I still experience hunger so I tell myself that I adapt.
- Maybe I just experience it less forceful now and that’s why I get a bit jittery 😛
My conclusion of Week #3
- I still feel good
- It’s still a lot easier than expected
- I get a little bored and though I feel I don’t need a glass of wine or a bread basked I WANT a glass of wine and a bread basket. I am content with the sugar prohibition though.
- I have no intention to terminate my Whole30 but I am happy when it’s over.
- The really good thing is that I still see my body changing in the right places and that makes it a good experience for me. But food is no longer a source of joy. It’s nice and yummy not more or less. That’s sad in my eyes. I want my food ecstasis back!
Okay guys I am going to have to work a little now. I need to justify my early escape today 😛
Have a lovely start to the week and enjoy your food <3