Good morning everyone,
I hope you all head a great weekend. Mine was really good. After working on my presentation the whole Friday until 10 pm I finally finished the thing. So Saturday morning I hectically packed all my stuff – and food was the better part of my stuff – and took off to Benediktbeuren where we stayed over the weekend. We were fewer people than anticipated which turned out to be good for us. We had a good time and the discussion about my thesis went well and was very productive for me. When I came home yesterday I was so tired. 7 days of work in a row were a bit overpowering in the end.
Luckily I could take a day off today. Unfortunately I only could do this as I have to work next Saturday :-/ But who cares today? But for now I use my time to tell you about my second week of my Whole30 experience.
If you’re interested in more about my Whole30 check oot my previous posts:
How I felt regarding the food
- I didn’t really feel deprived at all. Though I am certainly limited in my food choices I am still alright with that.
- Fruits and nuts are my main snacks and at least one main meal of my day
- I haven’t had any cravings last week
- This weekend was a bit tiring as I had to explain myself again and again and again. But all the others were really nice and supporting and even admiring 🙂 How funny! When everybody started to order beer whilst watching soccer and I sipped my water I felt a little left out. But I can handle that!
- I am afraid that I eat enough and I clearly see that I need to prepare better in order to have solid meals every day.
- I am almost half way through now and I start to think about my first post-whole30 meal. All I can think of is a juicy steak. Haha that’s so funny!
How I felt besides the food
- I still don’t feel more energized. I am curious when this happens if it happens…
- My workouts get better and I see some changes in my body. I am tighter, leaner and somehow I begin to like my proportions. I tried on my bikini this morning and I feel comfortable in it. A first-timer!
- I never thought that I could sleep better but I sleep dead-like at the moment. Maybe it’s my exhausting days, maybe it’s the Whole30 I don’t know. I enjoy a solid 7h knock-out though.
- 0 fat days to report – yay – the opposite is the fact. I feel slim and I enjoy it 😀
- My skin is still worse. Hopefully I’ll see some improvement next week.
The Hunger and I
- What can I say hunger found me and never left me since then.
- I am happy to be hungry again and I hope this will last
- I am not complaining but if possible I would have wished for a less forceful experience 😉
My conclusion of Week #2
- I feel great
- It’s a lot easier than expected
- I need more solid meals and especially a little more meat and veggies and a little less fruit.
- I see my body changing in the right places and that makes me so ridiculously happy that it’s almost embarrassing.
Okay, that’s it for today! I am enjoying my day off on the couch doing nothing. I can’t remember the last time I did that not being sick. Have a lovely start to the week!
How do you enjoy your time off?