Good morning everyone,
I hope you all head a great weekend. Mine was really good. After working on my presentation the whole Friday until 10 pm I finally finished the thing. So Saturday morning I hectically packed all my stuff – and food was the better part of my stuff – and took off to Benediktbeuren where we stayed over the weekend. We were fewer people than anticipated which turned out to be good for us. We had a good time and the discussion about my thesis went well and was very productive for me. When I came home yesterday I was so tired. 7 days of work in a row were a bit overpowering in the end.
Luckily I could take a day off today. Unfortunately I only could do this as I have to work next Saturday :-/ But who cares today? But for now I use my time to tell you about my second week of my Whole30 experience.
If you’re interested in more about my Whole30 check oot my previous posts:
How I felt regarding the food
- I didn’t really feel deprived at all. Though I am certainly limited in my food choices I am still alright with that.
- Fruits and nuts are my main snacks and at least one main meal of my day
- I haven’t had any cravings last week
- This weekend was a bit tiring as I had to explain myself again and again and again. But all the others were really nice and supporting and even admiring How funny! When everybody started to order beer whilst watching soccer and I sipped my water I felt a little left out. But I can handle that!
- I am afraid that I eat enough and I clearly see that I need to prepare better in order to have solid meals every day.
- I am almost half way through now and I start to think about my first post-whole30 meal. All I can think of is a juicy steak. Haha that’s so funny!
How I felt besides the food
- I still don’t feel more energized. I am curious when this happens if it happens…
- My workouts get better and I see some changes in my body. I am tighter, leaner and somehow I begin to like my proportions. I tried on my bikini this morning and I feel comfortable in it. A first-timer!
- I never thought that I could sleep better but I sleep dead-like at the moment. Maybe it’s my exhausting days, maybe it’s the Whole30 I don’t know. I enjoy a solid 7h knock-out though.
- 0 fat days to report – yay – the opposite is the fact. I feel slim and I enjoy it 😀
- My skin is still worse. Hopefully I’ll see some improvement next week.
The Hunger and I
- What can I say hunger found me and never left me since then.
- I am happy to be hungry again and I hope this will last
- I am not complaining but if possible I would have wished for a less forceful experience 😉
My conclusion of Week #2
- I feel great
- It’s a lot easier than expected
- I need more solid meals and especially a little more meat and veggies and a little less fruit.
- I see my body changing in the right places and that makes me so ridiculously happy that it’s almost embarrassing.
Okay, that’s it for today! I am enjoying my day off on the couch doing nothing. I can’t remember the last time I did that not being sick. Have a lovely start to the week!
How do you enjoy your time off?