I hope you all had a fantastic start to the weekend. I’ve been stuck in my presentation with all my brainpower yesterday. So I had to miss out on all the fun stuff aka blogging, blog reading and answering all your lovely comments. I will catch up on that soon. Promise!
So today to be precise in less than two hours I will leave for my weekend get-away with my PhD colleagues and professor. Tomorrow morning I’ll have my presentation and I am pretty happy with my findings. But let’s see what the others think about my research 😛
As I will be MIA tomorrow I am spilling the beans with Arman today. With a fun 5 Facts… style edition.
Five facts about….my family!
- I have a close relationship with my Mum and sister. Especially my sister has always been one of the most important persons in my life
- When I was a child we used to share a house with my aunt and cousin. So I actually grew up with two sisters
- We all still live in the same small town but commute to different bigger cities for work and university
- My parents got divorced when I was 8 years old but have always been friendly about each other.
- I am not used to having a big family so becoming part of another bigger family has not been easy to me at first. But I really really love all my in-laws and I am happy for my second set of parents, new sisters and brothers and all the kids that are part of my new large family now.
Five facts about…my childhood!
- I’ve secretly always believed in fairy tales and I wouldn’t have been too shocked if I got accepted to Hogwarts 😉
- I have lived my childhood outdoors on my bike, in the woods around the bend. When I think about that time I am surprised that I am still alive. We have never been careful at all.
- Next to my outdoor activities my hobbies were playing the flute, group dance classes and I always wanted to go horseback riding.
- My childhood pet was a guinea pig called Merlin.
- My childhood was over when I got sick at the age of 12. But I am still childlike in many ways. I really hope I’ll never lose that!
Five facts about…me + school!
- I’ve been a real smarty pants at elementary school and everything was easy and straight forward
- In Highschool I was a really lazy student but luckily I was smart enough to pass all my classes without doing homework and studying
- Unfortunately I thought that it was enough to pass a class no matter how
- I had a really embarrassing record of cutting classes in my senior year
- My grades were so bad that I almost did not get accepted at university – luckily I did. Things changed there dramatically
Five facts about...me + travel!
- I love travelling and I always have itchy feet
- I ‘ve never actually been far away. My trip to the US in summer will be my farthest and longest trip so far.
- I love to revisit places. I’ve been to London, Vienna and Rome 4 times each and I’ve been to Paris twice.
- Whilst travelling I try to explore as much as I can by foot. My second choice is the bus. I hate the tube and always try to avoid going underground.
- I have already at least 4 holidays planned in my drawer ready to take out when I have saved some money. My desired travel destinations are Canada, Scandinavia, Australia and we might already talk about a trip to London or Rome in October 😉 We can’t help it. We’re both addicted!
Five facts about…my eating style!
- I love food and my thoughts center a lot around food
- I try to avoid sugar, wheat and dairy products as much as possible but can’t resist cheese which I luckily tolerate not too bad
- I can’t resist a glass of wine or a bottle of beer in the evening. It’s a German lifestyle thing.
- My favorite cuisine is Thai – I could eat curry every day, anytime
- I can’t have mushrooms though they used to be one of my favorites. If I accidentally get a mushroom in my system it’s Armageddon for the next 24 hours 😛
I loved that theme. Tell me something random about you!
Hope you have a lovely Sunday!