Monday morning again. But I am not in the office as usual. Stefan’s full upper body is covered in really nasty pustules and his sister (the doctor) thinks it might be chickenpox. So he’s at the doctor’s now and I am waiting at home for him to tell me whether I am save to go to work. Luckily he doesn’t show any symptoms besides the pustules. Poor him!
I am already looking forward to this week really much and I secretly hope ha has just a mean rash. We have a bank holiday in Germany on Thursday and this is coincidentally Stefan’s Birthday. We have booked a table at our favorite Thai Restaurant and we planned on going to a sauna spa on Friday as we both took the day off. However when his upper body doesn’t improve dramatically we won’t be able to go. And we both really need some relaxation! But let’s not count the chickens before they are hatched….
First I am going to tell you about my last week list-style.
- The realization of being unsocial last week got me to change something last week.
- First I spend almost a whole day with my sister and on Thursday my husband and I finally went on a date after a really long time. It was so nice to spend the evening together away from chores, work and sports. Just the two of us goofing around and talking nonsense.
- Then on Saturday we had our 1st Wedding Anniversary. Though we had to change the day plans we had a great time. On Saturday morning we had breakfast at the little new local pub.I had pancakes and fruits and Stefan settled for baked beans and fried eggs on toast. Then we spend a slow morning on the couch just cuddling up and relaxing a little. He gave my a polar fitness tracker and a box of crunchy peanut butter clif bars (Did I mention how much I love this guy???) As our plans had been crashed I booked a night at a hotel in Munich for us to create the illusion of a get-away So in the evening we went to our favorite Irish Pub were we celebrated our wedding last year. We have kind of VIP status there. Everybody knows us and we always get a table It was a great evening and the lovely staff there treated us to a free dessert with a little note of congratulations. The next morning we took a walk through the old city center and went for breakfast at. The coffee-house and bakery we intended to go was still closed :-/ so we went to Starbucks instead. It was a fantastic day!
- I improved a little regarding meal planning and meal prepping. Progress is slow but there. I got me some lunch from the supermarket once.
- We ate out several times, especially for breakfast.
- I also stuffed my mouth with a massive amount of fresh fruits. Cantaloupe, peaches, apricots, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries – I could live of fresh fruit only in the summer months!
- My favorite new breakfast is this lovely Coconut Protein Frappuccino
- I worked out 5 times last week
- Friday and Sunday were my rest days though I was totally busy on Sunday and was up on my feet the whole day
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday were Soccer days – though Saturday was intended to be a rest and celebration day too, things went another route!
- Tuesday and Thursday were again reserved for Crossfit
- Crossfit got a little more serious last week as I started to use barbells. It was a lot more weightlifting based last week including kettlebell press-ups, bench presses and deadlifts. I also got to work on my chin-ups and double-unders. I AM SUCH A KLUTZ!
- Soccer still troubles me but the season is over now and that releases some stress.
- Though I am pretty active when it comes to working out I move to little in day-to-day life. I am curious if my new tracker will change that.
- Let’s not talk about my thesis!
- Work on the other side was great. We hosted a great workshop on Friday and I planned and organized all workshops for the next 6 month. The Mentees are invited and now I can take care of the smaller details.
Okay friends, now I am going to have breakfast. And then I will sit down with my thesis. Promise 😉
How do you celebrate anniversaries/ your birthdays/ your cat’s birthdays?
Would a box of clif bars make you smile a mile?
Have a lovely start to the week!
Of course my lovely lists are going straight to Meghan’s Week in Review Link-up!