let’s welcome Monday and embrace the opportunities a new week provides for all of us! Not in the mood right now? Well me neither but I am going to change that attitude NOW! I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend. Mine was as always pretty eventful and busy but I decided not to lament over that any longer but simply embrace the fact that that’s the way I am. I will always be like that. A lazy weekend just feels like a lost weekend to me. Lately life had shown me how the real me differs from the me I want to be sometimes. But that’s not bad. Not at all. From now on I am trying to embrace my “flaws” and my real me. Life is so much easier when you’re not constantly fighting with yourself!
Source: www.nowfoundation.org (Designed by Marie Bushbaum)
So last week really was easier! And last week was pretty awesome, too! Remember my optimistic mood from last Monday? Still shocked about that? I understand, I am too still pretty gobsmacked! But what can I say, being optimistic had payed off and I had a good week! Let me tell you about my week breaking it down list-style.
I had that neatly structured plan for my food, workouts, work and thesis and almost everything went smooth and straight. But feel free to judge yourself!
- My main meals were awesome, healthy and delicious.
- Meal prepping worked out just fine and easy-breezy I jumped right back on the wagon
- I am also tracking food again and that helps me to make sure I eat enough.
- Yesterday evening we had friends over for dinner and Stefan made his famous and delicious Chili con Carne. WINNER!
- I’ve never tried to pair hummus and roasted pumpkin before but that combo surely is a winner.
- Ice cream is a strong craving of mine at the moment and I constantly feel obliged to give in. And I love it!
- I posted two food posts last week: My International NO DIET DAY eats and a recipe of Creamy Coconut Maple Oats with Berries
- I worked out 5 times last week, that’s what I am normally aiming for as that is the way I feel happy
- Monday and Saturday were my rest days
- Wednesday, Friday and Sunday were Soccer days
- Yesterday we destroyed the opposing team with an epic 11:2! I never was so happy before. This team is known for playing unfair, fouling and bein just plain bitches. So the victory felt sweet and satisfying through and through. Of course I have a swollen ankle now but it was so worth it!
- Tuesday and Thursday were reserved for Crossfit
- I was so sore from my first 1:1 Crossfit on ramp that I thought I could never lift my arms ever again. Man that felt great!
- Life was a bit slow last week. I guess that’s what happens when you have a tough work schedule and work out 5 times a week.
- Last week I had to undergo some blood tests and the results were amazing! My gastroenterologist and I were very pleased. In fact so pleased that he suggested the next blood testing to be in 6 month!!! I think it’s at least 5 years that a 6 month gap was possible the last time! Can I hear a HOORAY???
- The not so pleasant thing about health is that I slowly begin to see some stress signs appearing. I have a little neurodermatitis and a couple of weeks ago my eyelid twitched nervously for weeks! I am constantly worn out – not physically but psychically. My last more than 4 days holiday has been in August last year! I think it’s time to cut back now.
- I posted some random facts about me and my life last week in these two posts: More Cross Fit, Breakfast Foods & First World Problems and Spill it Sunday – The Angela Edition
- This is my last week of workshops. Still 4 to go! I really had a great time at these workshops but nevertheless I am happy when they are done. Though I have 3 more coachings scheduled with 3 mentee groups as they need some support regarding strategies to enhance their profiles, applications, CVs… that’s what I really like about my job!
- The rest of work sucks at the moment but as I see the priorities of my job in being there for my program members I feel good to just be there for them and give them as much time as they need!
- I am not as far regarding my thesis as I had planned so far but I have to more days left to reach the goal and I am positive I can succeed!
Okay friends, now I doing anything to succeed 😉 Or maybe I’ll get me a coffee first. Or wait maybe that already counts as doing anything to succeed? Maybe that’s philosophical question I am going to answer later.
Have a lovely start to the week!
Of course my lovely lists are going straight to Meghan’s Week in Review Link-up!