yay it’s Friday 🙂 I am only popping in for a very quick recipe share.
I am a bit in a hurry as I have a qudrillion of tasks on my to-finish-today list and there is a ceremony at the university today starting at 11 am and one of my colleagues convinced me that it was necessary to go there. BUMMER! It’s just plain stupid. I have no time but need to go somewhere I don’t want to go only because my boss might notice that I am not there and might wonder where I am. Easy answer. As I am practically covering half of my colleagues job I am elbow deep in a swampland of tasks.
But I am digressing….
Yes there was a recipe I wanted to share with you guys.
Creamy Coconut Maple Oats with Berries
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tsp maple syrup or more if you love to have sweeter oats
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt I use soy but any other yoghurt will do
- In a bowl mix together the oats and shredded coconut
- Now add the boiling water, stirr a little and set aside for 5-7 minutes
- When the oats have soaked up all the water add the maple syrup and yoghurt
- Blend everything well together and top with berries
You should really give this oat recipe a try. It’s so yummy! The texture is just lovely. So very creamy with a bit of texture provided by the coconut. And the maple syrup just addes the right amount of deep malty sweetness. Delicious! A little hazelnut butter or almond butter as a topping is also a yummy addition.
What’s your quick and easy breakfast recipe?
Are you an oatmeal lover?
What’s your favorite oatmeal topping?
Have a nice Friday lovelies! I really need to dash now.