I hope you have a good day! Mine started a little stressful. As my colleague is still off sick I had to cover for her with a workshop but unfortunately we had some minor communication problems concerning the preparation. I thought she would talk to our student assistant, she though I would do that. So my student assistant and I ended up half prepared and had to rush in order to make a smooth workshop possible. Well we’re a good team and rocked it! Then we needed some rest and had a cup of coffee together. Great work
I am already in a full Friday mood and already texted with my husband regarding our honeymoon planning! Thank you all so much for all the tips and hints about my holidays! I will surely take them into account whilst planning!
I am two weeks into my new year’s goals wich centers around my half marathon training. Week one was a success and week two… well let’s see what happened in week two…
Every week for 12 weeks I will give you an update on my New Body Makeover Challenge on Friday
New Body Makeover Challenge – Week 2
Every week you have 21 meals (without snacks) to make a healthy food choice. For every healthy food choice you may color one smiley. So you have 21 smileys to color at max. I did almost perfect last week and so I was allowed to color 20 smileys. I only gave in the fast food temptation once. Not because I really needed it but I just had no time and energy left for cooking. I had 2/3 of a Dürüm Döner (which is basically an almost healthy fast food choice) but regretted it the next day. I felt full and like a balloon and I was pretty moody as well. I just have to repeat:
The other days were pretty good though and I never felt deprived or had a specific craving that was incompatible with my meal plan. You can see here what I ate on a typical day.
For every day you worked out there’s also a smiley to color. I hurt my arm last week so I only managed to work out once and could only color one smileys for exercising. BUMMER!!!!!! The arm is already better now and I will start over with exercising tomorrow!
My lessons learned from week #2
- The meal plan did not work for me in week 2 as I hade no access to all the necessary ingredients. Additionally I don’t eat fish at all and that week was pretty fishy (I see a bad play on words here ;-)).
- I managed to nibble less. Yay!
- I also managed to get better with my portion sizes which is quite challenging for me.
- I feel good! The only time I didn’t feel well was the day after the junk food but this will not happen soon again!
- The fun part came a bit short – there were so many obligations last week! I am sure when I start working out properly again there will be a lot more fun! I just love exercising and being unable to run and move the way I want to makes me a tad miserable.
I’ve already made my goals for week three and I am pretty sure this week will be easier again! I have a good feeling about it! And I am already looking forward to my next long run wich is scheduled for Sunday. I hope the weather will be okay as I will tackle the 18km on Sunday! Wish me luck!
I hope you have a good start to the weekend and a brilliant Friday, too!