I am ready for some randomness so I decided to link-up with Amanda for her Thinking Out Loud party. I’ve been following Amanda for a while now and her beautiful pictures and lovely recipes never fail to leave me drooling in front of my screen! I love the idea of sharing your thoughts without fussing too much about structuring or explaining yourself too much. That’s one of my biggest problems: I always feel the need to explain my every thought again and again just to make sure you don’t get me wrong. I’ll just try to skip that today. If you want to know more about the Thinking Out Loud idea just click here
Alright so let’s get started…1. At the moment I have trouble with dressing properly. No, not what you might think now… I am pretty capable of not forgetting anything vital but I just can’t bring myself to wear a smart casual work attire. I am just doing casual instead! So today I am wearing a yoga sweatshirt, a comfy sports bra and leggings. And I made a huge effort to look nice as I have an appointment with one of my Mentees today.
When I was working for the bank I used to dress up every morning and loved it. Now even wearing a blazer seems too rigid. Funny how things change!
2. I am not allowed to have red fruits, tomatoes, seed or nuts till Monday due to my upcoming medical examination. This morning I went to the kitchen ready to make a few yummy meals for the day. I opened my drawer and froze. I stood there for a few moments and let my eyes wander over all the bags and jars in there and realized that I had a problem. I was never aware how many nuts and seeds I eat. Consider chia, flax, almonds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut – everything is out of scope for the next days. Bummer!
3. I am overexcited about my upcoming (maybe a tad euphemistic) honeymoon. After several tries to get my boss on the phone and some fretting about how to address the issue I managed to take off work for the WHOLE OF AUGUST!!!!!! Since I know I will spend my summer in the USA I am so much more relaxed about everything work-wise. My husband and I immediately started planning. As I have never been to the USA I would love to get some recommendations. We’ll spend about one week in NY, one week in San Francisco and then make a road trip to Las Vegas and LA.
- If you know a good place to reside in any of these places please let me know. Or at least a good area.
- What is a must see in NY, San Francisco, Vegas and LA? I am happy for any recommendation.
- Any places a food blogger needs to go?
4. It’s only 6 weeks till my Birthday Trip to LONDON!!! Can’t wait to see good old England again! To me it feels a little like being a child and visiting your grandma. Familiar yet exciting. I gave myself 4 days off of my meal plan for this trip. After all it’s my 29th Birthday! I am already dreading it! What fun thing could I probably do on my birthday? Any ideas?
6. Though I promised to show you my big Christmas surprise for my husband I realized I actually never did. So here you are.
I bought him a Hemingway inspired bar placed in a steamer trunk. My husband likes drinking Whiskey and he immediately reorganized the booze. He was instantly in love and I was happy that he liked it that much Bad thing we’re off alcohol at the moment!
7. Something to think about: If I lay flat in my bed I burned about 60 kcal every hour. That means my basal metabolic rate was 1440 kcal a day. If I worked out for 2h burning 500 kcal my calorie counter suggests to eat 1940 kcal that day. Isn’t that wrong? Don’t I have to subtract 2h of kcal from my basal metabolic rate and end up with 1820 kcal to eat that day? Maybe it’s a good thing I stopped counting calories
Okay dear friends. I am confused now and will have lunch. I brought a lovely chick pea salad that is screaming my name at the moment!
Have a Happy Thursday! And don’t forget to check out more witty randomness over there.